The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

I need your help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmadam

Probationary Member
Jul 30, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
so i installed dsmlink v2.5 today in my car... and my laptop does not have a serial input. I have an adapter for serial to usb... but it didnt work after further research i found that 1g dsm are super picky about the adapter. So what i need help with is to find someone who has an adapter that works that would be willing to let me borrow for a day to get my car on the road again before the dsm meet next saturday. hopeing to find one maybe tonight or tomorrow. My car is in salem at a friends shop. I live in Eugene. Let me know if u can help thanks ~adam~ 541-556-8236 feel free to call or text anytime!!!

usbtoserialadapterinfo [ECMTuning - wiki]

heres a link explaining adapters... 12 adapters 3 work for 1g... :mad:

First off, do you have the com port properly set up for link? Do you have the db9 to usb adapter driver?

If all of that is a yes then there are ways to emulate it so the connector will read on the 1g. I had to do this so my palm loggers would work.

For example. http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/vspd/set-baudrate.html

By the way I am in Keizer, feel free to text me at 503-884-1432.

Download the prolific 2303 serial to usb driver. See if that fixes your issue make sure you select the right com port in ecmlink after that in the settings.

you need the dsmlink data log cable. thats your issue. get that and you are golden like a shower....LOL
i dont know... i dont think v2.5 had that cable... pretty sure its just the one cable from diagnostics plug to serial input on car... i looked online for the cable u talked about... but theres no such thing... atleast that i could find... i think the cord ## thinking about is only for v3?? maybe idk??

Hey im going to switch back to the 1g maf tomorrows then you can start driving it around with the stock ecu and the 450cc till we can get you Dsm link going. I'm going to talk to my buddy and see if we can't barrow his cable and maybe some of his time to try and get this going for the meet this weekend. Call me and let me know when your going to be coming over.

His chip was never even soldered in properly.

when and were is this meet??

Its posted on here but this Saturday at fuddruckers in Portland at noon tell ask your Dsm buddys were meeting up the possibly a drive to seaside.

His chip was never even soldered in properly.

How was his chip never soldered in properly? Just curious as to how this conclusion was came about?

i was texting him back and forth... he told me that someone with nasa soldering skills is required for socketing ecu... that it has to be super exact... i dont know... im gonna try johns cable talked to him tonight its was for v3 he found out there compatible with v2.5... start there ;-) DSM meet 4 days away;)

i was texting him back and forth... he told me that someone with nasa soldering skills is required for socketing ecu... that it has to be super exact... i dont know... im gonna try johns cable talked to him tonight its was for v3 he found out there compatible with v2.5... start there ;-) DSM meet 4 days away;)

For proper soldering of the chip to the board requires soldering skills that most people learn at the NASA's soldering programs at many colleges and universities. Most people don't even realize they are taking a program that was designed by NASA back in the 1960s when they are taking the class. For example the IPC program and the MSFC certifications are both programs that NASA's top instructor during that time developed to train students. That was my point. Simple soldering skills isn't going to work on socketing any kind of microchip, and if it were I'm sure NASA wouldn't have spent all that money developing very extensive training programs for such a easy task.

If you don't properly solder it you will run into all sorts of problems. That is 100% why the guys at ECMtuning suggest sending it to them to have it soldered.

If you don't know how hard surface mount soldering is here is a video of a guy doing it.

Surface Mount Soldering 101 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back