The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

I need suggestions on this repair Arizona

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRivas34

Probationary Member
May 28, 2013
Nogales, Arizona
So i got this eclipse and well i got crashed and was taken away from me... Then i got it back. Im asking for suggestions of how can i save money. This video shows all the damage. I was told it was gonna cost me a pretty penny. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okvcpFWTcpE]Door difference on eclipse - YouTube[/ame]

The only thing that is going to require more than bolt on is the corner right behind the passenger door. It may be possible to hammer it out but I would just have a new or donor piece welded in. That is the part that is gonna cost you especially if your not doing it yourself.
The door just swap it out with a used one. You may even find one painted the right color.

Thanks for the reply. I was told that was the most expensive part... But supposibly the part thats gonna empty out my wallet is the Frame (Where the door closes) im just hoping a hammer can fix majority now haha.

Yeah get a hammering block or even a piece of wood and beat patiently. Just don't move the metal alot or you'll end up with a hammered copper sink look. LOL I doubt you will save the paint but if you work it slowly and do it with some heat on the paint the damage to the paint may not be terrible.
You could check with Stevie from miller import parts and he could probably cut you a piece off one of his cars for future replacement. Miller Import Parts Supporting member here and a good guy to deal with. Get some pics of the damage because in the vid it was kind of hard to see how bad the damage is especially around the door. I would also get a pic or two with a tape measure showing the size of the area you need to replace so he can get you a piece big enough.

Thanks again. Your really helping me out here cause i have no clue about place to fix cars since i live in a small town = \. Ill do what you told me about the measuring and pictures. About the paint.. Ill probably just re do the whole car since the clear coat is coming off cause the sun. Thanks again

I had one white spot on the roof of my car and all I did was get some fine wet sand paper and started lightly sanding it just by hand. Left the base coat paint but just got the white of the clear coat off. Did some taping larger than the area that needed cleared and put a few coats of duplicolor wheel clear on it. Went over the wheel clear with about 1000 sand paper and cleared again. Went to 1500 just to knock down the orange peel then used the 3m headlight restorer kit to buff it. Can't even tell. The 3m buffer takes the over spray off. I had to shoot the back corner of my rear bumper to about the middle of the bumper as well. Same deal and most can't even tell. Looks tons better now until I can afford to paint the car for real.

Thanks to U-Pull a part i got the door for 70$ Fender i fixed with a metal by bending it out. Now 500 dollars to fix the frame and quarter panel = \ I tried the hammering like you told me. I put a piece of wood inside and unleashed all my stress but man.. Lol it aint gonna come out straight.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4746.jpg
    IMG_4746.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 142
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back