The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G I need some advice on turbo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonez1626

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2021
Knoxville, Tennessee
Iv got a 97 gst the seals in the turbo are bad my buddy gave me a t3 turbo to put on it ( should I get just a down pipe or should I get a turbo manifold) and any recommendations on brand I don’t hav a hole lot of money to spend but I don’t want to put shitty parts on it either

If your low on funds ,getting the stock turbo rebuilt would be cheaper.
I thought about that but if I’m going to pull it apart I might as well put the t3 on since I hav it . It’s not my every day driver .

If you don't have all the supporting mods, upgrading the turbo is a very bad idea. You can run yourself into trouble really easily that way.

What t3 turbo do you have?

Please take a few minutes and fill out a build profile so we can all reference what modifications your car has. This will help us answer your questions better.

If you don't have all the supporting mods, upgrading the turbo is a very bad idea. You can run yourself into trouble really easily that way.

What t3 turbo do you have?

Please take a few minutes and fill out a build profile so we can all reference what modifications your car has. This will help us answer your questions better.
Ok I will when I get home I don’t remember what all he had for it I just know he still has a bunch of parts I still hav to go pick up from his house I perched it from a buddy 6 months ago just to help him out I’ll hav to get the build list from him

Ok I will when I get home I don’t remember what all he had for it I just know he still has a bunch of parts I still hav to go pick up from his house I perched it from a buddy 6 months ago just to help him out I’ll hav to get the build list from him
That's going to be the best way to get helpful advice. Post on this thread once you have had the chance to fill that stuff out and I'll try to help if I can.

If the turbo that is currently on the car is stock you arent going to be able to just slap on that turbo. T3 refers to the flange size/style. There is definitely more to it. Youll have to think about turbo oil feed as well as a drain. Plus the exhaust downpipe will have to be purchased or fabricated depending on the turbo. Not to mention the fuel system to support an upgraded turbo and tuning software. Your best option at the moment is to spend the 50-150$ to either have the turbo rebuilt or find a good used t25 or 14b.
On a semi related note, I see youre in Racine, Im in Janesville. I just happen to have a twin scroll t3 turbo manifold and wastegates for sale!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back