The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G I need serious help on what im missing on my 4G63T engine that im trying to put in my 95 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danieltims

Probationary Member
Feb 1, 2022
Dunkirk, Maryland
I dont know what parts im missing and would like some help LOL
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

First and foremost, please continue to fill out your vehicle profile.

The motor is missing quite a few items, but that’s the least of your concerns because in order to swap that motor into your car would require heavy modification and comprehensive fabrication skills. That appears to be a 420A car, a 4G63 car would have the transmission on passenger side.. I’m curious to hear the chain of events up until this point.

I’m curious to hear the chain of events up until this point.
2x on this.

Not sure what your plan is here but I see a turbo and you've got a 1g 6 bolt N/A motor there. The crank shaft does not have a dowel pin. The water pipe looks n/a and the cylinder head has a blank plug where the oil feed banjo bolt would be on a turbo cylinder head.

So if you want to do a turbo motor swap on your N/A car pictured there you're going to have to change the pistons in the engine as well and do a bunch of fab work to the car and also do a few modifications to make the 1g engine work with a 2g car. Not impossible but it will be a big project for sure. I understand parts/engines and decent car bodies are getting harder to find so 2g N/A to 4g63T swaps will probably become more and more common. If you are seriously going to attempt to do this you've come to the right place.

But to answer OP question the main thing the motor looks like its missing is the intake/throttle body. Coil pack that goes on intake is missing. Also missing crank damper/pulley and upper timing cover. Thermostat and upper thermostat housing missing. (I'm sure there's something else missing that I'm missing 🤣)

This is an unfinished thread of another memeber currently attempting a 2g N/A to 4g63T swap.

Last edited:
The root issue is that that chassis got the Chrysler 420A motor which has the front of the engine on the passenger side and the transmission on the driver side instead of the reverse as on the cars with the 4g63T engine. The basic chassis structure you have is set up for the 420A layout and because there's close to no spare room in the engine compartment everything is in a different place. The cars look alike on the road but lift the hood and it's all scrambled. The wiring of course will have to be swapped but it won't be a straight swap -- you'll have to make the new harness to connect that engine to that chassis.

The power steering pump needs to move to the other side, so does the relay box and all that wiring. The A/C plumbing is all wrong, the battery has to move, the ECU moves from the engine compartment into the console in front of the radio ... Probably a few small items can be 'fudged' but not all the problems will be obvious at the start.

I think most of us would look at that situation and decide whether to stay with the chassis and find a 420A engine for it or the other way 'round. Since engines are more plentiful than sound chassis these days (the 420A is also used in the Dodge Neon) that's what I would do and you might even find someone who'd be happy to swap a good 420A for your 4g63 since the latter is less common. Bonus: You already have the right transmission so a 420A should be 'drop in' -- plus the usual troubleshooting.

Whatever you decide there's someone here who has done it before.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back