The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

I need help with initial starting of a 95 talon with AEM and scratch build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart A

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
I have completed a 2 year building process of my version of an Ariel Atom. I am using the exact engine with the exact same AEM computer along with the same ignition box that I removed from a running 95 talon. I am also using same gauges, sensors, everything. I have had the engine running but it is very rough and will not take fuel so therefore rpms will not build. It is probably safe to say that I have something small wired wrong..WTF
Another bit of info: I have somehow managed to pop a 40a fuse that is feeding the AEM and injectors. I have replaced the fuse but I havent tried to start again because there is obviosly something wrong and i havn't had time to find out what it is.
So basically if you are in or around the Bloomington IN area and can lend a helping hand it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !! :thumb:I do have a lap top with AEM program downloaded in the garage. Unfortunately I don't know how to use it and to old to learn.
I should probably leave these computer cars to you kids. LOL;)
My phone number is 812 320 - 2396
Thanks

You won't find much help here for an AEM EMS. Your best bet is to go over to the aempower forums and ask there. AEM has very good hands on support for their ecu's.

Thanks TSichtalon.
It was worth a try.
I will check AEM web site. I guess that is what you meant? There isnt a section for AEM on this forum is there?

Anyone else have any ideas??? I have a garage full of BEER !!!!!:D

Check all ground points especially the one for the ecu. Make sure you have sufficient chassis ground to the battery.

I got AEM. PM me your phone number and I will call you to see if I can help you set the basic set up. I got some calibrations that you might be able to use to get it started.

Well its been 6 more years and she runs but not well. Anyone neer Bloomington In that likes to mess with these engines?
I'm not local but have you checked your grounds like what was suggested before? If your still having the same issue after checking those then you need to check and see if you are getting spark on all cylinders, fuel in all cylinder and verify mechanical and cas timing as well just to rule out some things and that may lead you into the right direction. You may not be getting spark or fuel in a certain cylinder(s). Or your C.A.S. could be out of adjustment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back