The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

i need help on a 97 gst eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsuman1986

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
ok i have a 97 eclipse gst . i got the car for 700 was running but motor was bad it was a 6 bolt i just put back in a stock 97 motor and i got a nother wireharness too the shop i had it in couldnt get it running right said it needed a computer that they could not find the one that was on the car was from a 98. so it ran but with only two
cylinders and two injek so i went out to get a computer for it. i found one if was from a 97 gst spyder it work i mean it turned on fine and ran fine for a lil bit . ok the fun part . when i was on the hwy the car started to studer when i pushed the gas it didnt want to go it was like it was shoking . then the oil gage the high and low/. it went all the way pas the h but the car was fin not over heating or smoking nothing it had oil in it . i got to the house n it stayed at 3000 rpms so i turned it off . the next day i went to see if it was the cable to the petal but it was not it so i tryed to turn it on took some time for it to start and when it did it went to 3000 rpms again and when i pushed the petal the lights on the gages went dem and i heard a tick sound by the radio and the rmps droped amost turning off and the srs light is on so i took my foot off it and i pushed it down again and it did the same thing . so i need help i dnt want to get another computer or take it to another shop i spent 3000 aredy and nothing so i wanted to see if anyone has had the some prob n help me out or if u now a real good shop that wont screw me over again pls help u guys can text anytime 210 363 0115 name is vincent let me knw if u can help thanks all

Sorry, but no one is going to read or reply to this until you clean up the grammar, punctuation, spelling, and learn to use paragraphs.

It could be the oil pump I'm guessing there notorious for blowing out while cruising.... mine did

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back