The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

I Need help... I need this car to run fast..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanW28

Probationary Member
Aug 16, 2006
Wrentham, Massachusetts
I Just bought a '95 Eclipse GST. I bought it knowing it doesnt run, but the guy told me it was the Crank Sensor that needs to be replaced. The car doesn't get spark when you attempt to start it. The car's engine was rebuilt. I will put in the description at the end. The guy had a friend who knows alot about imports come by and test the sensors and apparently the crank sensor was off the charts. I've read about the "crankwalk" and that was already fixed on this car when he had the motor rebuilt. By the sounds of it, can anyone help me by verifying if you believe it is the crank sensor or if i should check something else out also. Thank you

Sean W.

Mitsubishi : Eclipse GST
1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GST WITH REBUILT MOTOR

Miles: 103000 ( 0 miles on rebuilt motor and new clutch, etc.)
Transmission: Manual
Year: 1995
Engine: 4 CYLINDER 2.0 LITER TURBO
Fuel Type: Gasoline

Vehicle Description:
This GST has a professionally rebuilt motor with 0 miles. The rebuilt included crankshaft, bearings, pistons, rings, water pump, timing belt and flywheel turning. The head was also shaved, inspected and the valves were machined. The vehicle also has a new clutch, alternator, battery and numerous other parts. I bought this car as a project for my son but have lost the space to complete it. Everything is installed, however I am not getting a spark and it does NOT run. I believe the car needs a crank sensor. I am selling this car as is. I also know this car needs an exhaust system and minor body work and paint. The rear hatch was replaced and does not match the color of the car. It has leather interior and OZ racing wheels. The interior is missing a couple of trim panels but is otherwise complete. The car will need to be towed. If you have any questions please ask. I have never driven the car so I cant tell you much about its history.

yes it more than likely is, that was the same problem i had no spark but had fuel and it was the crank sensor. on these cars when there is no spark but there is fuel the first thing you should check is the cam and crankshaft sensors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back