The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I need help choosing injectors for new turbo set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow White

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2012
williamstown, Kentucky
I just recently changed my turbo setup over to a Evo 3 16g on my 1998 GST eclipse with the new 7bolt engine I rebuilt. My plans are to upgrade my fuel system and go with a 190 Walbro fuel pump and 550 RC injectors will this be a good choice for 15 to 20 pounds of boost and I have a dsm link to tune with.

I stand corrected! :rocks:

Well before the holset turbos 1000 was more than enough for most of us!

Then again you could always add another row! :aha:

You want a fuel system that can handle more than the maximum airflow and pressure your turbo can produce, even if you don't plan to max out the turbo. Otherwise one wastegate malfunction and you'll be rebuilding the engine again.

If you have a legit Evo 3 16g (not Small or Big) then you need a fuel system that can support over 45 lb/min at about 30psi. The 550's will only safely support a little over 30 lb/min, which isn't even enough to run a Small 16g. A 190lph could support about 45 lb/min at 25psi, which still isn't enough for an Evo 3 16g.

I would suggest a Walbro 255 with at least 650cc injectors. But if you have DSMLink, why not go with something around 1050cc? It'll be a while until you have to upgrade again and you'll have the option of using E85.

I tried searching but im not sure what to search for...I kept finding more small vs big comparison threads...anyways, im looking to see the numbers of the small 16g (lb/min).

Im planning on only running 15 psi. Nothing major so though i know bigger the better, but I dont plan on running anything too high anyways. 15 is basically my goal as I want this to be very much a daily driver and still feel stock'ish..

From looking at the other threads It seems the 190 at 15psi will support 43.09lbs/min and the 560cc Evo injectors will support 32 lbs/min at 80% IDC. So i'm curious as to what the small 16g is at when running between 15-18(in case of boost creep) psi?

Again this is all new to me so please bare with me

Last edited by a moderator:
So then the only way you can tell if you just dont wanna go bigger is to put the 190 in with some 650cc injectors and go tune and log them you will find out. There is no direct answer how it will turn out every car is different. I still vote and say get 255 fuel pump and big injectors and call it a day. No need play guessing game and go do it. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back