The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G i need a wiring guru! This post contains a lot of 2g wiring diagrams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i didnt cap them and i think thats what went wrong LOL, and i didnt think the interior harness had anything to do with the engine.
such as
hatch lock
interior lights
sun visor lights
driver/pass door harness
rear defroster
and i looked up the cruise control harness before i cut in to that

im going to be getting a new cam sensor today. but first im gonna cap off the wires. install cam sensor, and start the car. i understand wires, and i can kind of read a wire diagram.

-to answer you question about deciding on what wires to cut.
so what i was doing was cutting off all the loom to the harness and following the wires back to the fuse box. just to make sure they didnt intersect power or grounds for something important, and the wires i have cut so far dont. thats why i was very baffled on this problem. which i think was a short

dsmtuners is the only place i can turn to for help with things. i dont have any car smart people/friend that can help me.

and so far everyone who has been involved in this thread has been giving me crap rather then pointing me in the right direction, ex. of what im looking for. other posts, threads that i can read my self.
im having trouble finding wiring schematics for cretin things.

thats why i made this thread.

I have questions. and ive posted so much in this thread already of my findings. but im trying to get the car done before the summer this year. i set a goal for it. so im looking for people i can ask hey can i wire it this way? hey how do i bypass this. can i run this off a switch and relay? things like that but keep it all in one thread.

I'm not trying to give you shit, just simply trying to understand how you got to this point to begin with. I just finished up a wiring project of my own, it was nowhere near as in depth as what you're tackling. I did as much research as I could before starting the project and still came across numerous issues. Wire colors didn't match to what the 97-99 electrical manual listed, pinouts didn't match to what I found online in posts on this forum... I can only imagine how bad your head hurts..

Your best bet at this point would be to take a step backwards. Cap off everything you cut, and also take notes of what wires they are.

Once you have that situated, people may be able to help you diagnose things.. the wiring gurus definitely exist on this site, but they're not going to guide you through wiring everything up pin by pin..

I'm not trying to give you sh**, just simply trying to understand how you got to this point to begin with. I just finished up a wiring project of my own, it was nowhere near as in depth as what you're tackling. I did as much research as I could before starting the project and still came across numerous issues. Wire colors didn't match to what the 97-99 electrical manual listed, pinouts didn't match to what I found online in posts on this forum... I can only imagine how bad your head hurts..

Your best bet at this point would be to take a step backwards. Cap off everything you cut, and also take notes of what wires they are.

Once you have that situated, people may be able to help you diagnose things.. the wiring gurus definitely exist on this site, but they're not going to guide you through wiring everything up pin by pin..
Sounds like a good plan!!!
I just put on the new cam sensor... no good still
Do u know where I can find 97-99 diagrams for the cars harness? And it’s a 95 ecu in the car.
I basically want to wire the littlest amount needed to the ecu.

@jinscho also those pictures I just posted of the pin out voltages I’m going to go through today. I think it’s a ground or a power issue somewhere. So I’m gonna go through everything today and see what everything reads

JINSCHO made a good point.

Make sure all cut wires are taped.

You should fix one problem at a time, you know you have one so fix it before trying to fix another,, YOU STAED YOU ARE NOT GETTING SIGNAL FROM THE ECU TO THE MPI RELAY.

Did you fixe if? What you did, I didn’t read anything about it.

I have a complete manual for our car, just be patient because all electrical takes time.

So tell us if you fixed the MPI issue and how you did it (what you did).

JINSCHO made a good point.

Make sure all cut wires are taped.

You should fix one problem at a time, you know you have one so fix it before trying to fix another,, YOU STAED YOU ARE NOT GETTING SIGNAL FROM THE ECU TO THE MPI RELAY.

Did you fixe if? What you did, I didn’t read anything about it.

I have a complete manual for our car, just be patient because all electrical takes time.

So tell us if you fixed the MPI issue and how you did it (what you did).
Update. I’m sitting in the car right now checking things.
What I have found.
1)No signal from ecu to mfi relay switch pin#38. Shows positive, but won’t send the negative signal to switch on relay. So for now i bypassed the relay.

2) when I disconnect the power from the ecu, and reconnect it and start the car right away, it runs perfect and revs up, Shortly after 5-10seconds later it has a sudden change, sounds like limp mode then won’t rev back up until I unplug power and reset ecu

So it seems the ecu is going into limp mode or something. It’s an auto but it’s not the trans tcu causing this. I’ve unplugged the tcu before and ran the motor with no issues.

Honestly at this point I think I damaged the ecu from the initial short or something. So I’m gonna send it to ecm link tomorrow just to have them double check it for me just so I can exclude that problem.

signal being sent to ecu to turn on. No signal from ecu to mfi relay to switch on. All ground on ecu are showing good. Ecu power pins when mfi relay is jumped shows power. Sensors that I have checked so far, all show working spec range

Ok hold your horses. You are not getting signal from the ECU to the mpi relay.
Now is there signal coming from the ecu OR you are not getting signal to the MPI relay....

In a few words, you checked both sides to verify?, you could mest up and connected the line to somewhere else and that’s why the ECU is acting up.

what signal are you seeing coming out of the ECU while cranking?, have you verify continuity from the MPI relay to the ECU?,,,

If you haven’t check that, do it and report back your finding.

Ok hold your horses. You are not getting signal from the ECU to the mpi relay.
Now is there signal coming from the ecu OR you are not getting signal to the MPI relay....

In a few words, you checked both sides to verify?, you could mest up and connected the line to somewhere else and that’s why the ECU is acting up.

what signal are you seeing coming out of the ECU while cranking?, have you verify continuity from the MPI relay to the ECU?,,,

If you haven’t check that, do it and report back your finding.

Talking about the mfi relay only. Attached picture is how I’m referencing it
IGN on.
Bottom left Blue/green wire shows 12v
Top left red/black shows 12v
Top right red/black shows 12v
Bottom right black/red shows 1.3v

from what I understand the signal wire blue/green pin #38. IGN off is 12v. IGN on it ground out to flip on relay. Correct me if I’m wrong

Also. OBD scanner can’t read from obd port!
Ecmlink can connect. My obd scanner can’t.
Comm port is open in ecmlink so no that’s not the problem
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EVERYONE!!! I FIXED the running issue!!!!!
I must of shorted out the aem map sensor! I just swapped it for an Omni 4 bar! And Bam runs great and no limp mode.

now my other issue is the mfi relay. Not switching on with key, but switched on when I ground it out

Yes there all good except blue wire there not a signal coming out from ecu

@miguelmcv

And map sensor fixed it running. But there’s still no cam sensor signal

the ecu sees voltage/ground from pin#(s) ____________ when ignition is turned on. which then turns on the mfi relay, which is supplied with a signal from pin#38

fill in the blank please. then i can back track that wire and as long as its getting an ignition signal then i know the ecu is pooped

Good video, may be of some use to you.

great video thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s just hard to think the ECU is sending positive to the relay instead negative,
Can you cut the wire on the ECU side and test if the ECU still sends positive out? My suspicion is some how there is a positive wiring connected to the line and that’s why you are getting positive because of the wire attached to it and not the ECU.

Correction.

Don't cut the wire......, Just unplug the connector at the ECU and test the end of the line at the ECU connector (wire side) see is you still have power, also check at the ECU side (ECU PIN) if there still power coming out of the ECU itself.

Let me know your finding.

Last edited:
It’s just hard to think the ECU is sending positive to the relay instead negative,
Can you cut the wire on the ECU side and test if the ECU still sends positive out? My suspicion is some how there is a positive wiring connected to the line and that’s why you are getting positive because of the wire attached to it and not the ECU.

Correction.

Don't cut the wire......, Just unplug the connector at the ECU and test the end of the line at the ECU connector (wire side) see is you still have power, also check at the ECU side (ECU PIN) if there still power coming out of the ECU itself.

Let me know your finding.

well i send off the ecu to ecmlink this morning to check it over for me. but attached is a photo from what the out put should be via ign on or off. pin#38 mfi relay power supply

The ECU sees power (not ground) when the ignition turns on from pin #58

and do you mean pin #38? bc pin #58 is engine ignition signal

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back