The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

I need a pic of 1G front end disassembled

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSLO2PT0

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2002
Joliet, Illinois
Can someone provide a pic of the front end of a 1G without the bumper cover on? I recently bought a modified 1G that originally had a fiberglass hood. The seller put the OEM steel hood back on. Well, when I try to close the hood, it won't latch. I've taken everything apart on the front end, removed the radiator, and it still won't latch. I've narrowed the problem down to the hood latch moving and giving way to the weight of the hood. There is nothing holding the latching mechanism in place except where it bolts to the thin sheet metal. Is there some kind of support structure that is missing that I'm not aware of?

The car has an ebay long route piping FMIC. I can put something on top of the core and keep the latch in place. This will allow the hood to fully latch and lock in place. I'm looking for pics of a support brace in place. Maybe the original owner cut it in order to make the fmic core fit.

This is the first step I need in getting the car back on the road.

Thanks

This isn't my car but I had it squirreled away for reference.
Did the PO loose the vertical support bracket?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'll look some more to see if I have any for a 1GB, these are from a 1GA with pop-up lights.

I thought I did. These are from a 92 Laser. It's support bracket is also missing that would connect the upper and lower radiator core supports and hold the PS cooling loop.

Thanks Steve. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am missing the vertical support bracket. You wouldn't happen to have an extra one, would you?

Can anyone verify through CAPS if the bracket is the same for a 1Ga vs 1Gb?

Thanks

If you can’t find on, pick up an aluminum flat bar 1.5 wide and make one. Previous owner had this which I recently removed but I don’t have a problem closing my hood.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back