1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

I need a good web design program

Posted by Libila, Nov 25, 2003

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Libila

Libila Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2002
    Carson City, Nevada
    Hey guys I am looking for a new web design program and I was wondering what you guys use or have used? I know a bit just using HTML code but I want something easier. Im looking at macromedia mx and adobe go live. But what other ones are out there that have a good pretemplet setup and all that jazz? Thanks in advance guys:thumb:

2. my_gst95

my_gst95 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2002
    Sacramento, California
    You could use Macromedia's Dreamweaver. It has everything that the experts use, but is simple enough to figure out by novices. It'll also help you understand other things as you play with it such as CSS, Flash, and javascript. Great software :thumb:

my_gst95

374  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.081 @ 113.792 · 1G DSM
  3. stompk

stompk Proven Member

Joined Jul 12, 2002
    , Colorado
    coffeecup ( coffeecup.com ) is free ( for awhile or whatever ) and is awesome. it has everything any of the other expensive ones have.

286  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  4. Libila

Libila Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2002
    Carson City, Nevada
    I downloaded dreamweaver 4. Ill give this a shot and see if it works for me.

5. ckeins

ckeins Proven Member

Joined Jul 12, 2003
    Berlin, Germany, Europe
    i use dreamweaver mx 2003! its very good and has everything you need.

332  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. pharsyde

pharsyde Proven Member

Joined Oct 28, 2002
    I'd tried about everything there is to use.... dreamweaver MX2003 is the best IMO... cleanest code out of all the WYSIWYG's... great CSS support

Edit:::: 2004! .. sorry looking was looking at the post above

7. Libila

Libila Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2002
    Carson City, Nevada
    Well I have dreamweaver 4 now to start out with but maybe I can find dreamweaver mx 03 somewhere. Any tuners want to hook me up with a download and serial number?

8. DMS-WhiteGSX

DMS-WhiteGSX Proven Member

Joined May 29, 2002
    Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
    I use Visual Studio..

430  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  9. curtis_rak

curtis_rak Proven Member

Joined Jun 11, 2002
    hard coding with a texteditor is the best. There is a good freeware program called Crimson Editor availiable on download.com. It is exactly like UltraEdit, but free and the built-in FTP is much faster.

I used to like WYSIWYG...but once I learned how to code, from a good teacher, I will never use another one.

401  0

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  10. sidoze

sidoze Proven Member

Joined Jul 20, 2002
    haha noobs. curtis is on the mark.

dreamweaver MX is the best utility right now though i have to say it. it understands so many languages. i work with php, html, xml, asp, cfml etc and it never fails to know what im doing and to color it properly. it usually notices syntax errors too...thank god

330  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  11. awd4g63

awd4g63 Proven Member

Joined Oct 22, 2002
    Savannah, Georgia