The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G I Need 1G 4 Bolt AWD Automatic LSD Axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev_olution

Proven Member
Mar 5, 2015
Washington, DC
That's a mouthful.

So in the midst of my search, I need to know which cars I can target. I was told:

1. AWD and FWD may have the same patterns
  2. Manual and Auto may have the same pattern
  3. Different years of 1g's may have the same pattern
I really have a headache. I've searched through this site and all I know is that:

1. I have an AWD LSD Automatic Setup
  2. 6 Bolt
  3. I likely need 4 bolt axles
I really only need the cups from the Axles, and not the full axle. So:

1. What would be the best route to get axle cups or in full?
  2. Are there specific cars I should stay away from (non-LSD, manual, non-AWD)
  3. What is a fair cost for such items?
Thanks for answering in advance

As far as rear axles go, manual and auto 4-bolt rear axles are the same, as long as you match LSD or non-LSD. Manual LSD axles will work with an auto LSD diff and vice versa but will not work with a non-LSD diff. Manual non-LSD axles will work with an auto non-LSD diff and vice versa but will not work with an LSD diff. Make sense?

You say you have an AWD LSD automatic setup already... what parts do you already have? Just the diff? Diff and axles? Do you know what bolt pattern (3 or 4 bolt) your rear axles are?

I only have a LSD diff, Auto AWD tranny and Auto AWD transfercase. I need all the axles. If anyone has advice on where I can source some, come right up. .

Do you know, by chance, which LSD rear diff you have, 3 or 4 bolt? Since they are different, that would obviously dictate which axles and cups you need to source. 3-bolt cups are part # MB393808 and 4-bolt are # MB569618. JNZ has the cups for about $58/ea brand new. Cups are the same, manual and auto, you just have to match 3 or 4-bolt. What cups does your chassis have on it already?

4 bolt. I thought I said that above. Jnz says they do not sell them. Neither does raxles in Florida. Gotta find some used I guess

Also, I do not need cups for wheel housing, I need cv joints. The actual piece that bolts into the diffs. When I say cups I mean the green cup aka cv joints.

Last edited:
4 bolt. I thought I said that above. Jnz says they do not sell them. Neither does raxles in Florida. Gotta find some used I guess

Also, I do not need cups for wheel housing, I need cv joints. The actual piece that bolts into the diffs. When I say cups I mean the green cup aka cv joints.
Hit up steve miller @Stangmurdera miller import parts he'll have them.

4 bolt axles have 4 bolts that hold it to the wheel spindle. They still have the triple bearing like other cv joints. Iirc, the bearings are larger in the 4 bolt axle as is the axle it's self. Cups are also larger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back