The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I missed my SAT yesterday and now I feel horrible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pj91gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2007
Stuart, Virginia
Well. I had an SAT yesterday that my dad paid for, Well, I though it was the 28th of November. I was talking to a friend and she said she had an SAT Nov 1st in Franklin county, so I though well, mine is in Bassett so it cant be the 1st of November. Well I found the sheet and I missed it, I feel horrible. Anyone know if I can get a refund or reset the test date or something. HELP!!!!!!!!:cry:

Dude that shit is pretty cheap when you think about the grander scheme of things. Just apologize and give your parents the amount of money it was.

BTW 1820 first try, prol should have taken it again cause i really F'ed up and got a 490 in one section.

Sat's are over rated, it's not hard to get into college.

Dang, well, why after Hallloween. Ive taken it once already, but i felt like I didnt do so well on the essay, I havent even check my scores yet. Also I took the ACT and got a 26. Not to bad, but one girl at my school got a 32 and wasnt happy. I think its out of 36. Oh well. I spent the whole day working on cars.

You take an SAT prep class at your school?

It sucks, my week was so busy that I forgot. One kid wanted me to take his muffler off. Then he decide he wanted me to put it back on because it was too loud. Then I was doing an experiment on another kids car. I took the sat prep and a prep class. When I took the really SAT I didnt have paragraphs in my essay, like an idiot. I forget the most important details.

Yeah the class I took basicaly broke it down and told exaclty how they graded em, easy 12's each time.

Isn't all that crap run by college board? oh BTW where are the titi's?

Isn't all that crap run by college board? oh BTW where are the titi's?

yea it is on college board. I guess, I have to find my user name and password. :notgood:. Why do you want some tots?
Man, I wish there was an easy button. Last time my guidance councaler pulled me out of class and asked me for my high redemtion code. He said ya you need that. And I have no idea where I was supposed to get that. So this thing is just a PITA. I hate SATs,

What is a Redemption Code? And why not have some tots?

(not nude of course otherwise I'd think it'd be against the forum rules? hell idk)

I hope you know that if you aren't going out of state that the SAT is really not necessary. It's not even necessary for in state colleges. 29 on the ACT :)

I hope you know that if you aren't going out of state that the SAT is really not necessary. It's not even necessary for in state colleges. 29 on the ACT :)

son of a sea erchant. Good job! Is the SAT similar to the SAT, do they not count the unanswered questions? Because I got threw half of them then filled in the rest of the answers.

son of a sea erchant. Good job! Is the SAT similar to the SAT, do they not count the unanswered questions? Because I got threw half of them then filled in the rest of the answers.

Thanks. I don't really remember. I don't think you got penalized for the wrong answers, probably not for the unanswered ones either. So its in your best interest to answer every question.

OP there should be a number or something you can call (does the SAT have a web site?)

Sat's are over rated, it's not hard to get into college.

That's the truth. Some colleges could care less about what you got on them and care more about your GPA (including where I go to school...PSU). I got a 1950 on the new one for the record back when I took them. I believe I had the first year of the new version.

Thanks. I don't really remember. I don't think you got penalized for the wrong answers, probably not for the unanswered ones either. So its in your best interest to answer every question.

OP there should be a number or something you can call (does the SAT have a web site?)

collegeboard.com, i guess. Im talking to the guidence councelor tomorrow and see if she can help me get the scores. I hope they are good enough. :(

Tim, I'm assuming your score was on the newer version of the SAT since on the older version a 1600 was perfect :p
When did they change that? No wonder all these dumbass kids I've talked to here about it said they had such unbelievable scores. WTF That's a bit of a disadvantage to those of us who took the old version isn't it?
Dang, well, why after Hallloween. Ive taken it once already, but i felt like I didnt do so well on the essay, I havent even check my scores yet. Also I took the ACT and got a 26. Not to bad, but one girl at my school got a 32 and wasnt happy. I think its out of 36. Oh well. I spent the whole day working on cars.

My wife scored 28 on her ACT, and on the old version of the SAT she scored a best of 870, I only took the SAT once, after my sophmore year of HS('96) and I'll just say that I scored several hundred better than her. Easily enough to gaurantee my acceptance into PSU, so I didn't think I needed to take it again.

Anyone know how the old SAT scores would scale against the new SAT scores? I'd like to be able to tell my baby sister's friends how their scores compare to what mine was. They really had me conviced they were all geniuses until I saw this thread, on the other hand they probably all thought I was a dumbass too just like them.

SAT's used to just be math and verbal, and a lot of colleges also asked you to take a writing SAT II as well, which was an essay and some other questions. Two or three years ago they just folded the writing SAT II into the regular SAT, making it a 3 score composite instead of a two score. If you want to directly compare new and old scores, just drop the score from the writing portion of the new test. So, for example, if I got a 500 on math, a 500 on verbal, and a 500 on writing, it would be like I got a 1000 on the old version of the test, and my new version grade would be a 1500. I heard through the grapevine that many college admission offices treat the new SAT like the old SAT with a writing SATII included, i.e. they look at the third score but weigh it less heavily, but that was a few years ago when it was just changed and I'm sure it varies from school to school. As far as the SAT/ACT comparison goes I know when I was applying to schools the SAT was more prevalent for East Coast schools and the ACT was more in the Midwest. I never looked West Coast, so I can't comment on that.
As far as the "it's easy to get into college" comments go, it's all relative. The last few years have been the most competitive on record for a lot of colleges, but then again I feel like there are more schools out there today. I feel like the importance of standardized testing depends on where you look. Some schools require no tests (Bowdoin is one of them I think), but for most really competitive schools you need a good GPA and the testing to back it up.

I went into the act intoxicated and got a 27, I took it sober the next year and got a 23. Shows how smart I am?

The ACT I got a 23 on, which was pretty good coming from a Chicago Public School kid. Was the 4th highest I believe in my class. The 3 people highers were over achievers and got 30s and one perfect score. I'm not too smart I don't think, but the next highest score after me was 20 and below. Weird

SAT, I went in hung over as shit. I slept through most of it and when I finished the sections... was sound asleep. It was such a beautiful day outside and I didn't want to be there. This was many years back, like 7 or so now. I scored alittle higher than a 1300. Not that great I know, but I was 1 of 3 to take the SAT from my graduating class.

I hear SO MANY people say that they were drunk/hung over while taking the test. Why the hell would you do that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back