The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink i miss my race car. help me get it tuned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Here's most of whats done to my car. I've tried setting it up like the videos showed, but I still don't think I'm doing something right.. What I do know is it's running like poo, and its killing me not being able to drive it.

1991 Talon awd: Evo 560 injs, 2gmaf, 12v directly to wally 255, 2g pistons, 3g lifters, 1g rods, acl race bearings, polished crank, bored .30 over, 38mm wastegate? its the bigger one plus I ported the **** out of it, mls headgasket, td05h 16g with dual size veins. 2g intake elbow, supra smic, 2.5" intake piping, ported compressor housing, smoothed all intake/ exhaust ports no emissions crap b/s delete p/s delete, ac delete headbolts torqued to 100lbs, 2.5-3" exhaust. port matched all gaskets.

Attachments

• log.2015.07.30-01.elg
    742.9 KB · Views: 39
Check for your O2 sensor signal. It get stuck at .8v . That is causing your car to run in open loop.
I don't know if your sensor is damaged, or disconnected. Or you just running too rich that your sensor is always reading .8v

i hope it wouldn't be damaged. It was brand new :beatentodeath:. how do you recommend to check it to make sure its ok?

Turn on the key (dont start the engine). Connect to ecmlink and O2 should be 0 or near. Then start the engine. The reading should go up (because its rich when cold). If the reading isn't moving at all you need to check connections or sensor.

Turn on the key (dont start the engine). Connect to ecmlink and O2 should be 0 or near. Then start the engine. The reading should go up (because its rich when cold). If the reading isn't moving at all you need to check connections or sensor.

okay thank you, ill do that tonight when i get home

ohh i forgot to say. If the O2 readings are moving as described, then you need to remove airflow (mafcomp) at idle in small increments until the O2 sensor start to cycle. If it does then everything is fine and all you will need is to calibrate Mafcomp and/or Fuel.

okay so I hooked it up. I saw it at .2 and then went to .8 .... So I'm guessing something is screwed?

ohh i forgot to say. If the O2 readings are moving as described, then you need to remove airflow (mafcomp) at idle in small increments until the O2 sensor start to cycle. If it does then everything is fine and all you will need is to calibrate Mafcomp and/or Fuel.

Attachments

• log.2015.08.20-01.elg
    148.6 KB · Views: 40
Yeahh its moving so everything is fine. You just need a lot of tune!!
First try to zero out the maftcomp. and keep moving the sliders up (the first 3 sliders) until the o2 reading start to cycle :)

Are you running on SD? Because you have a few things check for Sd but not all of them to run SD correctly. Also you haven't assigned any pins for wideband or map sensor. Is your wideband wired into the ecu, if so you should log it. One more thing try posting a log with the car warmed up 186 or greater.

okay good news LOL. And Type1 im not running SD. I bought link off of someone on here who was running SD. I thought I had turned everything off for it? I really have no idea what im doing with this at all. I've watched videos thousands of times and im still lost... Also I have a wideband uego, and it's wired into the ecu.

okay I will do this first thing tomorrow after work. thi log that you attatched, is the maftcomp and ecu inputs already zero'd out or do I need to do that after I save it to my ecu? if I need to after what are those under so I can find them. Thank you for all the help man I really appreciate this!

Save this config to your ecu. And post a log.
(zero out maftcomp, and stock ecu inputs)

okay good news LOL. And Type1 im not running SD. I bought link off of someone on here who was running SD. I thought I had turned everything off for it? I really have no idea what im doing with this at all. I've watched videos thousands of times and im still lost... Also I have a wideband uego, and it's wired into the ecu.
log your wideband and assign a pin in ecu inputs.

Do this but uncheck disable maf with sd under the maf comp tab, and also uncheck lock in open loop mode in misc tab.

Good catch!

Nissan350z the file already have the maftcomp zeroed, inputs stock, and Type1DSMr recommendations too.

Follow this guide to calibrate your maftcomp:
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3mafadjcombft

and read this document (bathroom time works too :D) to understand ecmlink better:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-tune-a-1g-v3-sd-ecmlink-with-no-maf.395564/

Best regards.

Attachments

• settings.ecm
    3.6 KB · Views: 62
thank you guys! I will read these in my down time at work today. I get home by 4 so ill have a log up by 430

I know if intended for SD, but 90% of the document is about ECMlink, and is very well documented and explained. Definitely a must to read.

alrighty cool, just didn't want to read something for SD and have me mess up even more LOL! Good news I get off in a hour so ill have the rest of the day there about to monkey around with it!

im trying to assign my wb on to link but for some reason it's a light grey when I try to add it to displayed values? The WB o2 is farther down than the stocks location. under the ecu tab do I put the aem wideband under the baro drop down, or under the front o2 drop down?

Last edited:
Here are two logs. glad to see my afr not being dashed anymore the entire time. however the vac on my boost gauge is all over the place now. idk it seems to be running abit better at idle now. what should I do now?

Attachments

• log without mafcomp adj.elg
    351.8 KB · Views: 64
  • log with maf comp adj.elg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Glad to see you aren't running lean anymore. Your engine is happier now.
At this point you need to learn how to assign inputs to log, and why your stock boost gauge is are over the place (quick hint. your boost gauge is not metering real boost or vacuum, is just the internal ecu estimation).

The pdf i recommend you cover all this things, and there are other documents where you can learn.

like this:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-dsmlink-tuning-guide.262460/

Okay good me too. Yeah I read that however I can't find which one to pick for the wideband gauge I have. It said to look in the user manual? I don't have one LOL.. I tries Google with no luck or I over looked it... I have the 35-8460 digital gauge.

Glad to see you aren't running lean anymore. Your engine is happier now.
At this point you need to learn how to assign inputs to log, and why your stock boost gauge is are over the place (quick hint. your boost gauge is not metering real boost or vacuum, is just the internal ecu estimation).

The pdf i recommend you cover all this things, and there are other documents where you can learn.

like this:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-dsmlink-tuning-guide.262460/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back