The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

I Made a Guitar, what're you're thoughts? [pics below]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I made an electric guitar! what do you guys think of it? it took around 3 months and $1300 to finish. Body is mahogany with a flamed maple top, 5 piece maple/mahogany neck (yes it has a truss rod), all gotoh hardware, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb pickups, ebony fretboard. it was such a fun project to make! and the clearcoat is rattle can btw! the shape is based on a '59 Les Paul but much much thinner, only about 2" thick at the height of the arch

Attachments

• clear.jpg
    clear.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • guitar.png
    guitar.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 103
Very cool! What kind of sound does it have?
on clean channels its pretty mellow and very clear sounding. distortion is extremely clear. the balance across these pickups is perfect, no string rings out louder than the others. BKP makes amazing pickups and are definitely worth the $310 a pair. for instance i can play a huge chord using all the strings on a distortion channel and you can hear every note in that chord, i love it LOL

Looks beautiful. I don't "play" but I mess around with a few chords every now and then. Still something I need to fully learn how to do.
pretty much what i do, just dick around. never bothered with lesson or joining a band

That's sick bro! Looks much Better than the one I tried to make years ago LOL! I love thin guitars like my ibanez s-series haha! I wish I could play but my injury makes it hurt to much and frustrates me :(
i do too LOL, LP's are super super thick and i never liked that.

Looks good! I don't like playing les Paul style guitars, I like a strat style body, and scale length.

How's the intonation? Are chords played above the 12th fret in tune?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back