The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

I like stance, do you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First it was almost stock clean cars in the 90s before the body kits hit the scene and rare real aero was almost imposable to get

Then it was 17-19 inch rims and body kits

After the body kits came around it was front even and tail light conversions, under glows, crazy paint,and cotton balls stuffed in wheel wells

JDM mad tight yo came around with small rims and panda look and more function over style

Now its stanced out shit offset rims that make the car slow and perform worse, cute little thread titles along with hipster styling of the interior and calling everyone haters now.....

To be cool these days you a wire tuck with a goofy painted engine bay, ebay coil overs slammed to the max. But because there powered coated and full bodied there dope status and drifters use them so they have to be good.

Custom rims that cost more than your motor, funky headliner and shift boots you bought from your grandmas fabric store. Very fancy and shiny window stickers with catchy phrases from the internet, and parking in Starbucks parking lots rather than taking it to the drag stripe.

Proper wheel fitment has always been in style for years! But it has always been done correctly for performance

Corvettes,Rx7s,supras,vipers have for years nice wide wheels with nice sized lips

There was never a name for it because thats what you would do! You need a nice wide wheel with a wide tire to put down the power.

Now the kids are tacky as hell and do all this ### shit for fashion

Look at my new shoes with my new wheels in artsy photos LOL

exactly good fitment never had a name but badass

Your car and cars are proper and your rx8 has good fitment:ohdamn:

I think your missing what everyone is talking about

The lowrider retarded rice offsets is what the topic is

Very well put. Thats what ive been trying to get at, but i guess i fail at getting my point across in text. I agree with every part of that. :thumb:

I mean you cant take something thats always been there, give it a goofy trendy name, and call it your own.

Your car and cars are proper and your rx8 has good fitment:ohdamn:

No I'm not missing anything... What is being missed is that the RX8 is a HellaFlush car as were a bunch of other ones mentioned in this thread and like by a bunch of people. The topic is about stance and in the case I was presenting was about HellaFlush cars in specific. I don't care about the other ones... Nothing about the car is standard fitment. That is a track setup with 17X10" wheels with +20-25 offsets all the way around.. There is nothing "normal" about it nor is it something that has been done out side of the track and documented. What you are failing to realize is HellaFlush is NOT JUST the wheels.. People keep talkin about the wheels and bs about the wheels costing more than the engine and the suspension on ebay coilovers..

No.

Like I mentioned, my suspension cost more than most DSMs by itself on top of the built rotary and turbo setup. BTW, you wont see someone with a tucked engine bay and a stock motor. It just doesn't happen. You might not know what motor it is but it's not stock and it surely cost more than the wheels to make it worth doing such a tedious task. There's just a lot of ignorance towards the different movements that is just something we deal with because people think they seen and heard it all and the best part is when people sit down and explain to me exactly what something I am a part of and live around is when they are no where around and in all reality are talking 100% out of their asses.

None of my post need be open to interpretation. HellaFlush is what I said it was. I didn't mention any of that as a means to open a discussion LOL I simply stated it to inform those that didn't know the difference. Case closed. Not to be blunt about it or a dick but good grief if I have to answer the same questions over and over there are only so many ways to put it before you run out of adjectives..

Last edited by a moderator:
aww man can't wait to see this.

Wierd thing is i didn't needed the spacer on a 17x9 +45. here are some crappy pictures from a crappy phone. i'll get better one later.

No and this is not hellaflush people so don't even comment on my car for something hella. LOL

Attachments

• img275.jpg
    img275.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 82
  • img271.jpg
    img271.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 56
  • img272.jpg
    img272.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 64
wow thats niiiiiice.Great fitment looks better than I thought it would! are they 235's? You'll most likely need the spacers if you go to a 245 tire. But I'd say 235 is perfect since your awd anyway.

really a perfect wide wheel for a dsm, 15 pounds, 17 inches, and 9 inches wide. :hellyeah:

Gimme 235X16 all the way around and I'm set.

I on the E30 I was gonna put 15X10's in back, and 15X9 in front.

Bassett's ftw

and they still were gonna sit with the fenders, maybe a little poke, but barely any

There's just a lot of ignorance towards the different movements that is just something we deal with because people think they seen and heard it all and the best part is when people sit down and explain to me exactly what something I am a part of and live around is when they are no where around and in all reality are talking 100% out of their asses.

Maybe you should explain why you think your car is hellaflush and why you think it should be called anything? Maybe modded is more fitting? Theres nothing different about lowering a car on rims. The only ignorance is a small group of people in nor cal taking something thats always been, giving it a trendy name, and claiming they came up with it. The term proves the stupidity of the users. Hella is a contraction of "hell of a" so hell of a flush????? I think that has something to do with 1gdsmftw's second pic on this page haha.

and man your excessive bragging is not needed, who cares how much your suspension costs. Your car is nice but its not made of gold. You can pick up a rx8 on rims for 10k. I payed more then that for my buick(family comes first for me). Your here talking down to dsm owners because your mazda is soo bad ass. It wasnt too long ago dsm's could fetch a 10k tag. Your posts in this thread and the last flush thread are just plain arrogant.

Wierd thing is i didn't needed the spacer on a 17x9 +45. here are some crappy pictures from a crappy phone. i'll get better one later.

No and this is not hellaflush people so don't even comment on my car for something hella. LOL

Dude that car is "hellacool" ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:
No I'm not missing anything... What is being missed is that the RX8 is a HellaFlush car as were a bunch of other ones mentioned in this thread and like by a bunch of people. The topic is about stance and in the case I was presenting was about HellaFlush cars in specific. I don't care about the other ones... Nothing about the car is standard fitment. That is a track setup with 17X10" wheels with +20-25 offsets all the way around.. There is nothing "normal" about it nor is it something that has been done out side of the track and documented. What you are failing to realize is HellaFlush is NOT JUST the wheels.. People keep talkin about the wheels and bs about the wheels costing more than the engine and the suspension on ebay coilovers..

No.

Like I mentioned, my suspension cost more than most DSMs by itself on top of the built rotary and turbo setup. BTW, you wont see someone with a tucked engine bay and a stock motor. It just doesn't happen. You might not know what motor it is but it's not stock and it surely cost more than the wheels to make it worth doing such a tedious task. There's just a lot of ignorance towards the different movements that is just something we deal with because people think they seen and heard it all and the best part is when people sit down and explain to me exactly what something I am a part of and live around is when they are no where around and in all reality are talking 100% out of their asses.

None of my post need be open to interpretation. HellaFlush is what I said it was. I didn't mention any of that as a means to open a discussion LOL I simply stated it to inform those that didn't know the difference. Case closed. Not to be blunt about it or a dick but good grief if I have to answer the same questions over and over there are only so many ways to put it before you run out of adjectives..

YouTube - The World's Smallest Violin

Honestly everyone complimented in this thread including me

Stop sound like a ####en piss ass girl on the rag:thumb:

You know what else comes with movements? The posers and the ###s who piss and moron about style and culture poser shit. Idiots that come out of the wood work when something starts to take off. The attention whores, the dorks who run so much neg offset they trailor there car to shows.....:confused:

I think alot of the future hellaflush/stance/fat lace cars look nice and are pulled off good.

In japan the drifts used these offsets and stretched tires for a purpose and that was to slide. Along the way they throw in some style, but it did start as a function...

But there is nothing new to "this movement"

There just low riders with bigger rims and less essy paint schemes

Japan knows about our trends, and do have a classic low rider culture over there.

Clean low riders have tuck and rolled interiors or diamond leather patterns and very custom personal touches. Crazy shift knobs,glitter paints,wild mix and matched color schemes along with cool colored engine bay bolts and all that!

Its just nothing new

That post was full of win

That post was full of win

Its full of win because you drift(I assume from your pic) and you understand the poser shit that comes along with helladopeyojdmmadtyerawilla.

Real drifters drift! As long as that cars sideways with purpose then thats fine.

But when your a hard parking #### spiting out slang with your culture and clothing.....kill your self

Last edited:
The cars look sick lowered but.... the ridiculous camber and the wheels sticking out make them look stupid. Its non-functional, doesn't look right, and just goes back to the ricer beginnings. Lowered on some nice wheels, that aren't hella-huge stick hella-out, and no camber is the way to go. I needa take some pics of my car.

Its full of win because you drift(I assume from your pic) and you understand the poser shit that comes along with helladopeyojdmmadtyerawilla.

Real drifters drift! As long as that cars sideways with purpose then thats fine.

But when your a hard parking #### spiting out slang with your culture and clothing.....kill your self

we have a name for those kinds of people SUPER FAN BOY STATUS! the people who say and act like they are driftstars but in reality have no talent at drifting, and have probably never legitmately pulled off a drift before.

Maybe you should explain why you think your car is hellaflush and why you think it should be called anything? Maybe modded is more fitting? Theres nothing different about lowering a car on rims. The only ignorance is a small group of people in nor cal taking something thats always been, giving it a trendy name, and claiming they came up with it. The term proves the stupidity of the users. Hella is a contraction of "hell of a" so hell of a flush????? I think that has something to do with 1gdsmftw's second pic on this page haha.

and man your excessive bragging is not needed, who cares how much your suspension costs. Your car is nice but its not made of gold. You can pick up a rx8 on rims for 10k. I payed more then that for my buick(family comes first for me). Your here talking down to dsm owners because your mazda is soo bad ass. It wasnt too long ago dsm's could fetch a 10k tag. Your posts in this thread and the last flush thread are just plain arrogant.

Dude that car is "hellacool" ROFL

Ignorance is bliss... Show me ONE other car that looks like that one.. Just ONE. HellaFlush is a combination of 2 things.. The "Hella" is because its a NorCal (And i am sure you know that word came from here too)trend, "flush" is the only thing that has anything to do with the wheels. The point wasn't to brag the point was to combat Joes remedial post about ebay coilovers and my suspension is worth more than his car. The more I defend it and give examples I understand it makes me seem that much more like a jackass but as mentioned before its not the intention..

HellaFlush is about going above and beyond the normal. Ever extremity of the car should be taken to an extreme within tastefulness. Its not about super cambers and its not about overly stretched tires. Its just about the all out package. We don't really care if people understand it or agree with it, we just look at you and chuckle in a sense. What can you really say about us, not much. Any joker wanted to talk about how lacking in performance any of our vehicles were we have no problem giving them a chance to back that up at the track or the strip. As expected no one bites because even though people "act" dumb, they still know better.

As mentioned, many don't DD their cars that low, the pics you see are normally at shows, hell some guys have a separate set of wheels and a separate set of lips or hoods or whatever. No different than a DSMer throwing on slicks a the track or pulling a headlight for air induction. Just like you guys said, none of this sh*t is half assed, all of it is either rare or custom made parts and no one is going to tear their cars up for no reason...

Begin able to buy the car isn't the point, not to mention the car blue books even now for $16K and back then was $25K, all things depreciate. The point isn't that its an RX8 its whats done to it and to duplicate what you see you'd need another $20-30K and connections to get the parts or get the work done.

Honestly everyone complimented in this thread including me

Stop sound like a ####en piss ass girl on the rag:thumb:

No one was pissing, I simply made corrections to your ignorant post. The trend isn't simply the car for some (not myself) but others it ties into the dressing that makes Fatlace and Hellaflush one.. Its not just about the wheels and its not just about the clothing its just about going all out and doing the best of the best, the rarest of the rare and showing it off in the cleanest way possible. Body kits are frowned upon as are wings and other similar crap. You'll notice most HellaFlush cars that once had wings/spoilers, such as my car or Evos, STIs etc etc have them removed or use more subtle versions. Its all about having the cleanest most raw car possible. So when I hear crap about cheap this and knock off that and scraping this and no performance etc etc I can't help but respond to the ignorance as to help even that ONE person realize how full of sh*t these people are from half way across the country trying to give their opinion on something they heard about through word of mouth on the Internet.

I'm just saying. Until someone proves me wrong and actually comes in knowing WTF they are talking about, that's just the way it is...

Last edited:
wow thats niiiiiice.Great fitment looks better than I thought it would! are they 235's? You'll most likely need the spacers if you go to a 245 tire. But I'd say 235 is perfect since your awd anyway.

really a perfect wide wheel for a dsm, 15 pounds, 17 inches, and 9 inches wide. :hellyeah:

Yeah, they barely fit though, but i consider it hella funtional!!! LOL -1-2 camber 0 toe and 235s on a 17x9 for response. :D

Now its stanced out shit offset rims that make the car slow and perform worse, cute little thread titles along with hipster styling of the interior and calling everyone haters now.....

To be cool these days you a wire tuck with a goofy painted engine bay, ebay coil overs slammed to the max. But because there powered coated and full bodied there dope status and drifters use them so they have to be good.

Custom rims that cost more than your motor, funky headliner and shift boots you bought from your grandmas fabric store. Very fancy and shiny window stickers with catchy phrases from the internet, and parking in Starbucks parking lots rather than taking it to the drag stripe.

Now the kids are tacky as hell and do all this ### shit for fashion

Look at my new shoes with my new wheels in artsy photos LOL

"Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not... that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be. "

we have a name for those kinds of people SUPER FAN BOY STATUS! the people who say and act like they are driftstars but in reality have no talent at drifting, and have probably never legitmately pulled off a drift before.

IM Dorifto the all mighty drifter :D . Haha ya thats me in the video in my old car. Its n/a and yes a little damp but i can still slide that corner like that when its dry but destroy my tires.

YouTube - Screwin around in my 240

Now a video of inside the car

YouTube - inside 240 number 2

And my new drift machine im finishing up pretty soon.

YouTube - ka-t s12

I don't know why all the people who don't like "STANCE" "HELLA FLUSH" just stay out the thread. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to click on the thread come on now people get real, everyone does their own thing and slamming out a car is their thing. Just like others it going fast. My car has horrible camber in the back, you can just barley see the top of my tire. Ohhhh now that's wrong cant do that guess what its aligned correct minus the camber and i have about 4500 miles on my tires and no abnormal wear at all. If done right your safe. I go on tristatetuners.com all the time and they have a thread just like this for slammed out cars but they all have open minds and can appreciate a well built car with lots of time and money put into it. Not all cars are just low a lot of them have bags and what not. I don't mind slowing down for a BUMP or going sideways over a speed bump. that's the lifestyle i choose and enjoy i get a kick out of it when my exhaust drags over something. GET OVER IT.

Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion... . just like you saying what you did, just have to realize theirs two sides to everything.

This thread was started for people to post pics of their car... .with "WTFeveryowannalableit"

I've already said before (pages back) people like to think they're right and argue with other people about what "opinion" is right. When end the end nobody is right because their is no RIGHT... . This is getting to the point were it isn't about people opinions anymore and just ignorance and inherent need to either "put" people in their place or make them self out to be better then others by "Proving" something ... :|

Some people just can let $hit go

Drop the labels change the title an leave everyones opinions at the door and what's their to talk about? not $hit people just need to get over them selves and grow up...

You wanna be part of something be a follower who cares, you wanna start your own trend or call something What the hella ever you want. Want to make it your own? It doesn't change much, if someone does or doesn't like it their gonna give you your $0.02... Deal with it, if you can't move on...

When will you guys realize that the hellaflush people will continue to argue against safety and function to justify what they are doing. Hellafluh is the same as hellaslow, it started in the most brilliant of all states, California, where most of them are too much a bunch of vags to modify their car for performance anymore anyway.

Some Joe Schmoe is going to come in and talk about how those rims are worth more than your car, my car, this car, that car. I could spend a whole bunch of money making a 7" exhaust from the turbo back and call it the hellaloud movement. I could design a suspension to lift my car 9 feet with money and call it the hellatall movement. Just because people have money to spend, doesn't mean they spent it wisely.

Heck with the value of those rims becoming more and more widely known, it won't be long until most of them are part of the hellastolen movement.

Ok i am not following anyone, i did that to my car because i like the way it feels going around corners and how it handles. I also like the way it looks. All i was trying to say was why argue, the kid just wanted some photos and every time this topic comes up everyone goes off the edge. Theirs no need for all that shit. And i am not saying I'm hella flush my tires bulge out from the rim, i have 215-55-16 on a stock set of rims so come on now just like you said 2 sides of the story. And my function just fine they way it is plowing thru 6 inches of snow no problem i don't see none of those bmw's or vw's doin that. everyone has their own standards of function. Mine is i can still drive my car everywhere i want. And i am modding my car for performance come this summer i am tearing it apart to rebuild it.

Another thing people do that can cause problem is have a tendency to think everything is about them or directed at them... .;) Even when someone makes a general statement... .

IM Dorifto the all mighty drifter :D . Haha ya thats me in the video in my old car. Its n/a and yes a little damp but i can still slide that corner like that when its dry but destroy my tires.
Your car isn't flush or a DSM. Why are you in this thread?

Post reported for you being an idiot on the street...and taking vids.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back