The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

I know,stupid questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
Forgive me i'm still pretty new to DSM's,

Where are the turbo's mounted on 1G's? I went to look at a GSX recently and it looked wierd. The turbo wasnt where I thought it would be.

Last dumb question and I should be covered. What does a wastegate do?

Thanks

The turbo on a 1g is mounted in the same exact spot as a 2g. They have the same motor (for the most part). A wastegate lets a predetermined amount of exhaust gas bypass the turbo (turbine) so it doesn't make more than the desired amount of boost.

Originally posted by InFlames
The turbo on a 1g is mounted in the same exact spot as a 2g. They have the same motor (for the most part). A wastegate lets a predetermined amount of exhaust gas bypass the turbo (turbine) so it doesn't make more than the desired amount of boost.

"The exact same spot as a 2g" would be referring to the right side of the engine, which is the front, right between the radiator and the engine, it's attached to the bottom of the manifold. The turbo is usually covered mostly with a heat shield. Hope that helps! :)

When you say "attached to the manifold" do you mean intake or ehaust?

thanks

juss look at your airfilter and follow the lil rubber hose/pipe until u run into this circular thingy (which is your turbo). Or juss follow your exhaust manitfold until it runs into this other lil exhaust lookin piece (which is the exhaust side of your turbo) and it'll be connected to a more silverish piece(which is the compressor side of your turbo). Hope that helped a lil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back