The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I heard Romney plans to shut down the E85 program. true?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
My parents are political nuts.. and last time i went home to visit, my mom asked me if my car still ran on E85. which it does. she then proceeded to explain how Romney plans to shut down the Ethanol program because it had caused food prices to rise from lack of corn being used for food, and livestock feed. Im not sure if all this is true, just thought id post this up to see if anyone else knows anything about this matter. what will we do without E85??? looks like water/meth injection might become a lot more popular..

Ask her where she heard it. You can always do a search on the internet and see if you can uncover anything re the claims.

FWIW though, romney is the king flip flopper. You can see video after video on youtube of him saying one thing one day and then saying the complete opposite another day. Id be surprised if romney even knew what e85 is.

This is one of my favorite video:

MittvMitt.com: The story of two men trapped in one body - YouTube

The one thing romney and obama do have in common though is they are puppets to israel and the federal reserve bank cartel.

I wouldnt worry about e85 going anywhere any time soon. Lots of cabbies depend on the stuff too, not just the turbo community.

I'm sure he's mentioned it, because it is federally subsidized, and tax dollars pay for it. blah blah blah.

What they don't mention is that if the subsides are cut, and the requirement to use 10% in gasoline there won't be any demand for it, and the price will likely fall. And the Ethanol plants will fold leading to more unemployment. Also america's farmers will be pissed because corn won't be $8/bushel. and will go back to less than $5. You know what happens then? They will quit spending money like it's free, and farm equipment sales will slow down, forcing all the big ag manufacturers to slow down, and lay off some employees, further ####ing our economy.

Why the anti ethanol ####s don't tell you is that our farmers can produce more than enough grain to supply the united states. A large chunk of our grain goes overseas, and additionally a some farmers are paid to NOT farm some of their ground limiting the amount of grain produced that way the prices stay high, and the farmers can stay in business. It's a really ####ed up situation.

On top of that, the supposed drought this summer....LOL In northern Illinois we have had some record high yields this year! Sure some areas were hit hard, but there was still something out there to be harvested.

All these political ####s / green ####s do is look at now, they never think of the long term. I could go on and on about it, it really pisses me off how ####ing stupid we are as a country.

Seriously brazil is a third world country and THEY figured out how to run on ethanol in the 70's! We made the atom bomb, and now we can't figure out how to wipe our own asses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to happen. Trust me. Companys have invested way to much into it. By the years 2020+ they are wanting XXXXXXXXX so many gallons be sold.

Attending the class right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back