The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

I have a feeling eBay just pissed off ALOT of people..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
Well, I'm in awe at eBay's new policy. I've been burned by it three times nows. You know, the classic, ' My boyfriend was the one who bidded on your item and doesn't want it now. Sorry'. Or, the, ' My account was hacked the day I was your high bidder, so I'm not sending you the money'.

You'd think I, as a seller, could leave negative feedback for the irresponsible and essentially fraudulent buyers.... NOPE.

According to their new feedback system/policy- SELLERS CANNOT LEAVE ANY NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE BUYERS. BUT, SOMEHOW, THE BUYERS CAN LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE SELLER WHOM THEY'VE JUST RIPPED OFF AND PUT A FALSE BID IN WITH.

How is this system fair AT ALL? I just had 3 auctions that all buyers won, but when I take time out of my day to drive 20 miles to our post office, get them a quote, and e-mail it back to them, they decide they don't want to pay. So, I go to leave negative feedback for these deadbeat buyers, and I CAN'T!!! There is literally no feature where you can leave negative feedback for these deadbeat buyers!! But yet, they can leave negative feedback for YOU, even if they are the ones who ripped YOU off. UNBELIEVABLE.

I'm sure I'm not the only pissed off one here, alot of eBay merchants are probably complaining too.

So what does this system really do? It makes it so that sellers can in no way filter the deadbeats from the truly good buyers BECAUSE YOU CAN"T TELL IF THE BUYER has ripped someone off before, because you can't leave negative feedback. So all the new members will now always have positive feedback, no matter what you do you can't protect your auction from these deadbeats.

I just sit back and wonder what the hell the guys at eBay are thinking with this shit. Along with the high final value fee and percentages, I see a HUGE decline in eBay business and stock shares. I think I'm about done with eBay. Half the reason I became a member was because you could see who was a good or bad seller/buyer on there, but now eBay has manipulated the policies and system so we all get screwed and the buyers remain in control. :notgood::notgood::notgood: :mad:

Sorry for the bitching guys but I've been selling things on eBay for over 6-7 years now. I'm getting tired of eBay allowing these headbeats to ruin their, at one point, good system.

I know you guys sell alot of parts and stuff on there too, so I just wanted to give everyone a fair heads up also.

I never sell on ebay. I hate the idea of them getting a part of my money from something I sell. I do buy though. Lots of great deals.

I sell, there are ways you can set it up to approve people who bid on your items.

Not anymore. Even if you put 'positive feedback required', it's still no guarentee because EVERY buyer now is going to have positive feedback since us, the seller, can't leave negative feedback.

Well, I have to say that I love the policy as I'm mostly a buyer on Ebay. I've left quite a few negatives already and I was pretty happy that retaliatory negative feedback couldn't be left for me from the worthless sellers. Be aware that Ebay can remove negative feedbacks for sellers if it is deemed to be buyer's fault for the transaction not working out.

You're supposed to submit a non-paying bidder complaint and let ebay take car of it, all of the non paying bidders so far for me have had no feedback so its not like its a big change but out of ~20 items I've sold in the last 2 months I've had 4 non paying bidders, ebay has got to do something to make this better.

you couldnt be more right about ebays terrible new shit rule. Same shit happened to me, the buyer was shady and never paid so i sold it to a guy that gave me a late offer if he didnt pay, then the non paying buyer left ME negative feedback and made a bunch of BS up thats not true and I couldnt leave him anything but positive so I clicked positive and wrote NOTHING but NEGATIVE.

yea ebay can be a scam, but its also were i find all my sweet deals!!

Excatley ! DSM build mostly thanks to Ebay! ROFL

now working on 2jz-gte build..and guess where ive bought loads of parts from..ebay!ROFL

I buy and sell on ebay. The good thing about the new policy is that if I buyer gets ripped the seller can send a bad feedback, I was sold a turbo and it came apart I wanted to send a bad feedback but I didnt want to recieve a bad feedback so I left a positive feedback. The turbo was also sold as is so I couldnt leave a bad feedback even though I got ripped because the turbo nut came off.

I sell quite a bit on ebay.a wide varity of things from old mustang camareo parts harley stuff to dsms i part out.unfortunetly the only problems i have had with deadbeat bidders and scammers is with dsm parts:mad:.there is a different crowd with each type of stuff you sell.dsmers for some reason seem to be the worst at it.biding and not paying ect...

This is why 99% of the stuff I sell on ebay is at a fixed price or best offer and I require an immediate paypal payment to end the auction. If it is an auction format, I will check on it and cancel/block bidders that look suspicious (mainly zero feedback/new bidders) Sometimes I wish they would give you the option to decline bids from anyone with 0 feedback (this would help out alot with the freaking Nigerian scammers that register with new accounts and bid on EVERYTHING!!!), but they only give you the option to start from -1 and below. I somehow wondered onto a "feature" on ebay I don't know if this will apply to the abusive negative feedback, but ebay has some sort of follow-up feature that allows you to respond to a feedback comment.

In addition, if you are a seller and you plan on getting paid quick, don't use Paypal. There is a new policy with Ebay/Paypal that your money is held for 21 days, until the item can be proved it was delivered, or until positive feedback is left. Found that out last week when sold something. Total BS

In addition, if you are a seller and you plan on getting paid quick, don't use Paypal. There is a new policy with Ebay/Paypal that your money is held for 21 days, until the item can be proved it was delivered, or until positive feedback is left. Found that out last week when sold something. Total BS
This rule is supposedly put into place for "high risk" transactions which could include anything from selling a high priced item to being a new seller, and everything in between which you should know by now ebay and paypal will never tell you 100% why they are holding the money.

just put an unpaid item claim... they will remove negative feedback (if they figure out how to leave it) upon your request... and it will go against them... it can get them barred if the do it again.

I just got used to the fact that people will back out of deals... happens to me all the time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back