The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

I have a confession guys....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well i guess it's time to confess.. before my gsx (four years ago), i had a '99 z24 cavalier. :tease: :shhh: Oh ya i had big plans for that thing.. RKsport body kit, wings west mid spoiler, baby blue paintjob :barf: and black decals down the sides (nothing extreme though i swear!). Luckily the only "mods" i did were intake (had to have "expert" cavalier guy show me how to install it :coy:), strut tower bar, tinted windows, eibach prokit+koni red's (i know i know..way to much to spend on cavalier suspension components i guess at least i didn't go the "ghetto" route).

Then one day i was devestated when i got a call at work from my mom. My poor cavy had been totalled while her boyfriend took it out to get new tires. My ricer dreams were ruined! OMG. I immediately set out on the hunt for an Integra (had to be gsr), but it was love at first site when i stumbled upon a beautiful mint '95 black gsx with 62k mi. at a dealership less then 5 miles away. Soon after, i stumbled onto this site and the rest is, well, the typical love/hate relationship of a dsmer. :cool: ::rocks:

Yeah... ever since i was about 10 years old (not joking) i wanted an eclipse. At the time i didn't care if it was turbo or n/a. I just wanted an eclipse. So i started saving up for it, and mowed so many yards i cant even count. Then, "THE MOVIE" came out and i was all over it. I wanted one just like it, with the giant spoiler higher then the friggin roof of the car and neons under the car. Then, right before i started to actually look for eclipse's i researched, researched, and some more research on these cars. And i fell even more in love with it. So, i finally saved up enough money, and started looking for ones in my area. Well, i noticed that there were absolutely no eclipse's that were in even decent shape. Got really depressed and really mad. And then one day, after i got home from school one day, my dad (who was helping me look for one) showed me this piece of paper with a red eclipse on it. Was in savoy Illinois, mint condition, turbo, 53,000 original miles, leather seats, roll-cage (yeah, a roll cage), eibach springs, K&N FIPK, Five point harnesses, and sway bar. It was love at first sight. So my dad and i drove 4 hours out to savoy, Il and it was even better than in the pictures. So as a 15 year old (which i still am 15 at the moment) i bought my first car. A turbo eclipse that was absolutely emmaculate. After i bought it, i did some more research, found you guys and taught me "the ways". And lets just say there is going to be no plans for neons or huge friggin spoilers any time soon:D

kmoore said:
Yeah... ever since i was about 10 years old (not joking) i wanted an eclipse. At the time i didn't care if it was turbo or n/a. I just wanted an eclipse. So i started saving up for it, and mowed so many yards i cant even count. Then, "THE MOVIE" came out and i was all over it. I wanted one just like it, with the giant spoiler higher then the friggin roof of the car and neons under the car. Then, right before i started to actually look for eclipse's i researched, researched, and some more research on these cars. And i fell even more in love with it. So, i finally saved up enough money, and started looking for ones in my area. Well, i noticed that there were absolutely no eclipse's that were in even decent shape. Got really depressed and really mad. And then one day, after i got home from school one day, my dad (who was helping me look for one) showed me this piece of paper with a red eclipse on it. Was in savoy Illinois, mint condition, turbo, 53,000 original miles, leather seats, roll-cage (yeah, a roll cage), eibach springs, K&N FIPK, Five point harnesses, and sway bar. It was love at first sight. So my dad and i drove 4 hours out to savoy, Il and it was even better than in the pictures. So as a 15 year old (which i still am 15 at the moment) i bought my first car. A turbo eclipse that was absolutely emmaculate. After i bought it, i did some more research, found you guys and taught me "the ways". And lets just say there is going to be no plans for neons or huge friggin spoilers any time soon:D
i got my first eclipse when i was 15 too, it was a non turbo though. $20 says you'll crash it or the car impouned within 1 month :( fast cars aren't good first cars :nono:

black12 said:
my confession is i almost bought a honda civic hatch with a gsr swap.:notgood:
thank you dsmtuners for saving me:dsm: :laser: :talon:

That's funny, my brother has a Civic hatch with a GSR swap. He has $3000 into the whole thing including the cost of the car and he trapped 3 mph slower than you did, all while getting 37 mpg.

Naww he won't crash it or impound it, give the kid a break. Just be careful out there, no need to run fast on the street, no racing, no pretending to be a racecar driver. You know. Haven't you ever taken psych? Self fulfilling prophecy ring a bell? Labeling?

Denji said:
I always see DSM guys talking about how they hate to be judged as a ricer, stupid import guy etc. I just wanted to confess... I was one of "THOSE GUYS" that gave the DSM community a bad name. Im sorry i have to break it to you guys, I gotta get this off my chest.

I had a 96 rs eclipse

I was one of THOSE GUYS that thought for half a year that their car was a 6 cylinder.(true story, my friend finally showed me 4 spark plug wires while i looked in disbelief)

I was one of THOSE GUYS that calculated horsepower from the crank and added up HP numbers to guess my approximate horsepower
i.e. - (to another ricer) "yeah so i have like 140 horses stock.. the ebay cold air intake said it added 10hp, the headers add like 5, the exhaust adds like 10, the free flow cat adds like 5 and then i have the spark plug wires.. so thats like another 5, plus i have bosch platinum 4 spark plugs another good 5hp):rolleyes:

I EVEN HAD THE RESISTOR EBAY "CHIP" MOD=+15hp:barf:

I thought i had 205 hp, enough to beat stock turbo eclipses! You should have seen the look on my face when i encountered one.OMG

I was one of THOSE GUYS that saw a turbo dsm around, and said "ha i got the one without crankwalk!":tease:

I was one of THOSE GUYS that had intake and exhaust for performance, then i had a bodykit, projector headlights, carbon fiber hood, 18" rims and thought my car was a racecar.:notgood:

This all ended upon taking my car to the track for battle of the imports about 3-4 years ago. I entered bracket racing. I put on my car the number 14.5 as the expected 1/4 mile time. That night i got pitted against a nissan sentra-lost. A honda civic si-lost, turbo mr2-lost, rx-7 turbo WON!(his car broke down at the starting line upon launch) then i only actually beat one car, a nissan 300zx non turbo automatic. MY car ran a fast 1/4 of 16.5 and i realized that day that i was a complete idiot. I felt so stupid after this that I started researching, I joined this site, so YOU GUYS SAVED ME!

I researched turbo kits for my rs, found out that it was cheaper to get the performance out of a turbo eclipse, sold the rs eclipse, wanted a 1g turbo awd but ended up with a 2g awd talon.. and thats my confeession.:rocks:

hey man you go to ODU dont you. I see your car in the commuter lot everyday and im like i want to know who drives this car. Nice story btw. Glad to see you came around, car looks good now tho.

quiksilver38 said:
i got my first eclipse when i was 15 too, it was a non turbo though. $20 says you'll crash it or the car impouned within 1 month :( fast cars aren't good first cars :nono:
Well, i bought a second car so that i don't have to drive the eclipse if its raining or snowing stuff like that. Its a 1990 galant Ls, 145,000 miles but still runs pretty good. The galant will be my beater and the eclipse will be the "weekend car". And no i wont crash it.

Here is mine. I think I am still a ricer...:|

Blue and orange cars are most recent. (my gallery). But don't think they aren't modded.

The orange car is going to be EVOIII powered with a built block.

Are these considered "rice sleepers"? I like that term... I guess only time will tell really.

OK i went through what you went through denji. i had an 03 focus that my grandfather bought me brand new half through my senior year of high school. the first thing i did to was strip the interior and play the i want to be the fastest stock focus card. hahahaha. thats a joke. i then proceeded to put a straight pipe on it with a magnaflow tip and thought that i was cool sounding like a weed whacker. i then went through my neon phase and had a total of 88 green neons or green LEDs all over this. all this was happening while i was part of a car club called hearusfearus. i though the guys in there were the Pooh. i thought they had the coolest cars ever. yeah right. two of the countless "members" knew what was going on. the founder Joel, who had or still has the baddest 98 jetta Ive ever seen to date. and a kid name Dan paskan who now has the meanest integra Ive ever seen. his car is completely shrouded by secrecy. Ive met many people who either know him personally or say they know him and they all have no idea what the car has, but all know its fast as hell. i can attest to his car being fast as hell as he out ran my last gst that is in my profile and that thing was fast as hell. anyways i went through like 8 different body kits on my black focus, so many other stupid mods. then i one day i was embarrassed by a 16 year old kid with a mustang. that experience made me SC my focus, and then i was the fourth person to ever turbo there focus. i thought that i was god after i turbocharged my car with no prior knowledge whatsoever. ha i was so wrong. i kept upping the boost and fuel and one day boom, no more black focus. all while modding the hell out of my focus i was researching and admiring the GSX. i found one in WV went and bought it cash and the rest is history. Ive now had that gsx another gsx and the gst in my profile. the only reason i ever put a kit on my gst was that it helped me out with the "yeah right" effect when anyone in my area sees a car with a kit on it. they see the kit and never really notice the fmic, then all they see is my rear, the kit played its part and that orange paint did well too. i never thought it looked good, hell i didn't even was the car. i didn't care what it looked like unless it was the stock 2gb body. well anyways i can attest to my "ricer phase" and all i can say it was the biggest waste of money i could of participated in but i would never take it back. if i did i might not have ever felt the love and hate that comes with being a dsm'er. and being a dsm'er is one of the best feelings that Ive had so far. every dsm'er knows exactly what I'm talking about. the guys that claim that nothing can beat and American V8 and the dsm'er thats says to the guy "ummm i know 4 cylinders that could". thats such a good feeling.

OK, I think I have a winner. In July, I traded my '90 GST for a '90 CRX with a vtec engine and a body kit. :barf: In my defense, I was trying to sell the GST and no one bought it and I still have 2 DSM's. I had the CRX for a month and sold it to some kid for $1900. The CRX wouldn't even idle, had a bad CV joint and the front bumper was torn up. That's my confession. Ihope you can see it in your hearts to forgive me for my sins against the DSM gods.

black12 said:
my confession is i almost bought a honda civic hatch with a gsr swap.:notgood:
thank you dsmtuners for saving me:dsm: :laser: :talon:

wow. Friend has a EG gsr. Boosted on 7 lbs trapped 112. Nothing wrong with that.

I thought my esi had the 4g63 in it.

Also I was on the highway and it was raining. I had it in 5th and I gave it some gas. Well the clutch was slipping and at the time ( over 2 years ago ) I thought my tires were spinning LOL

I owned a 99' civic si. I thought with the intake, catback exhaust and header was a fast car. I did the same thing as denji with the hp ratings. Don't feel bad man.

quiksilver38 said:

So, did you deduce that by his inability to form a proper paragraph, or are you simply being a stereotypical ass? :rolleyes:

Whiplash said:
When I was 12 I really wanted my dads Toyota Tercel. I was going to paint it dark purple and put cow skin seat covers...why?

When I was 16 I "inherited" my Dad's 1980 Toyota Tercel. EBay wasn't around back in '85 :coy: so my CAI consisted of a Maxwell House tin and some dryer hose.

Still remember the day we took her on a high speed run on a downhill section of the Penna Tpke. Managed to get the 1.5L car up to 86mph (as clocked by a state trooper whom laughed and gave us a warning for stupidity :( ).

Funny how NTs are deemed slow yet have 2X more HP than my first car ;)

On my second car, which was a 96 saturn I removed the airbox silencer. :) That's about the extent of my stupid mods on previous cars. As for confessions on my talon though, all I can say is that my exhaust is broken off after the cat (yet still hanging) as well as broken off from the muffler. So basically all the pipes are there, just not bolted together or really connected...haha. Making an exhaust soon, I swear...

DSM90AWD said:
Funny how NTs are deemed slow yet have 2X more HP than my first car ;)
Heh. Good point. My stock 2GNT makes 10bhp more than the 2.8L MFI V6 that was in the Grand Prix I sold to buy it. (140 vs 130, according to manufacturer specifications.)

My confession? I have a $5,000, fully built motor in my 2GNT with absolutely zero turbo plans in the future, but I have a donor 4G63 with over 200,000 miles on it that came out of a car which was on fire going into my GVR4 rally car. The plan is to spend as little money on the 4G63 as possible and then just keep both cars running.

A joke for the 1990 guys:

Three car guys are leaving a bar - a Camaro owner, a Mustang owner, and a DSMer. They spot a magic lamp in the parking lot and pick it up. A genie appears and offers them each one wish. The Camaro owners says, "I wish my Camaro ran tens in the quarter." The genie says, "Granted," and the Camaro owner vanishes in a cloud of smoke. The Mustang owner decides to go one better, "I wish my Mustang ran nines in the quarter." The genie says, "Granted," and the Mustang owner vanishes in a cloud of smoke. Now the genie turns to the DSMer and asks him, "What is your wish, master?" The DSMer says, "Hell with nines and tens. I wanna be the fastest DSM in the world. I wish my 1G ran a four second quarter." The genie laughs out loud; "Your wish is ridiculous! Do not insult me! Try again!" Somewhat disappointed, the DSMer thinks for a moment and says, "Okay, genie. I wish my DSM was reliable and never broke down."

The genie replies, "You want high-four seconds or low four-seconds?" :rocks:

dr1665 said:
Three car guys are leaving a bar - a Camaro owner, a Mustang owner, and a DSMer. They spot a magic lamp in the parking lot and pick it up. A genie appears and offers them each one wish. The Camaro owners says, "I wish my Camaro ran tens in the quarter." The genie says, "Granted," and the Camaro owner vanishes in a cloud of smoke. The Mustang owner decides to go one better, "I wish my Mustang ran nines in the quarter." The genie says, "Granted," and the Mustang owner vanishes in a cloud of smoke. Now the genie turns to the DSMer and asks him, "What is your wish, master?" The DSMer says, "Hell with nines and tens. I wanna be the fastest DSM in the world. I wish my 1G ran a four second quarter." The genie laughs out loud; "Your wish is ridiculous! Do not insult me! Try again!" Somewhat disappointed, the DSMer thinks for a moment and says, "Okay, genie. I wish my DSM was reliable and never broke down."

The genie replies, "You want high-four seconds or low four-seconds?" :rocks:

Haha that was good driggs. So what's up with 2gnt? I haven't been able to get on for days

One more confession, I used to think the aluminum spoilers where the only ones that were ricey, and the one on my car was just cool, now I know better and will wait patiently for a 99 conversion

cs82685 said:
So what's up with 2gnt? I haven't been able to get on for days
My guess is that a Tier1 IP hub/backbone/whatever is having techincal difficulties. I haven't been able to get on since I got to work today. A tracert shows the packet bouncing back and forth between a couple of their routers until it just dies. That's all I know. Wish I knew more, but it's affecting a number of people in the SW.

Go figure. The people who provide IS for my ISP are the problem. :notgood:

Ok I didn't want to do this after reading this thread earlier but my conscience is bothering me. I had a 95 GS before my GST and let's just say I thought I was F&F. The car was auto and I would always drive in 2 and do alot of downshifting until I ####ed up my tranny. I would put the car in Neutral everytime I came to a stop and act like I'm driving stick. The sad thing is when I bought this car I had a choice of either it or a GSX but I didn't know what a turbo was so Iwent for the cheaper one. I remember when I used to buy oil at the auto store and the guy would ask me if my car was turbo or non-turbo and I would just say it's a GS because I didn't know what turbo was.:toobad: This was six years ago and I laugh to myself sometimes when I think about it.
I won't get into how the car looked, here's a couple RICER pics below.:toobad: :toobad: :toobad:
I still can't believe I have these pics still saved.

Attachments

• CA95LR2Y.jpg
    CA95LR2Y.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 123
  • CAAZG52R.jpg
    CAAZG52R.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 117
bartels903 said:
haha, it says turbo on your lisence plate frame too :)

Yeah dynamic turbo is a shop that I bought some sound equipment from back then and they gave me a free license plate frame...even with the name of the shop I still had no clue.:toobad:

Ha, it's ok, I'll make my story quick becuase south park is on. But I had a 94 1.8 liter eclipse, I had a ricer tip and a intake and I tought it was THE fastest thing in the world. I then lost to a dodge caravan. It sucked.

I had a 1993 Eagle Summit. I didnt know the whole mits/chrysler thing and thought someone swapped in a Mitsubishi Motor. I went down to the stadium and did neutral drops and lost reverse......ya. im a moron. That was like 4 years ago though and my first week with my Lisence.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back