The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

I have a confession guys....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Even though I wanted an eclipse beforehand... (I can't believe I'm saying this...)

The F&F totally made me want an import that sounded cool and loooked cool and buttons and electronics to make it go faster.

Thank GOD I read my ass off for months after I bought my car. I never even posted on any forums due to the possibility of looking like an idiot.

Well, I clicked this thread expecting something about homosexuality.

This thread does not deliver.

leet said:

oh cmon, look at my posts, i was pretty "queer" back then!

wow that was hard i had to go through ### and #### before i found one that wasnt these=#

slipstream808 said:
Even though I wanted an eclipse beforehand... (I can't believe I'm saying this...)

The F&F totally made me want an import that sounded cool and loooked cool and buttons and electronics to make it go faster.

Thank GOD I read my ass off for months after I bought my car. I never even posted on any forums due to the possibility of looking like an idiot.
its okay man, let it all out, were all brothers here to help....ROFL

I thought my car was guaranteed to run 14.9 when it was stock. My first pass down the track I clicked off a blistering 15.7. I didn't run again that night but the next time I showed my face there I drove home with a slip that read 12.9.

leet said:

This one will cost me . Were you expecting or " wanting " ? You can tell us .:D LOL

Here's my confession, with the money I've spent on my RS including purchasing the car I could probably have an 11 second 1g awd which btw, I never thought looked good until the last year or so. Oh and when I was first looking into dsm's I ruled out awd, b/c i knew nothing and figured it was just worse on gas mileage and I didn't need a car that would be good in the snow. Oh and I still have 2 neons left in the car from the days where I wanted every piece of rice imaginable.

Now I just want a 2gb body and my cf hood. But I will leave the outside as is until I can have more boost.

Things would have been so different if I discovered this site before I bought my car. I've really wanted to get a 1g recently, but I think I'll just wait for the evo and have a new car with a warranty

ROOKIE1 said:
This one will cost me . Were you expecting or " wanting " ? You can tell us .:D LOL

you're banned in 5....4.....3..... :thumb:

my confession is i almost bought a honda civic hatch with a gsr swap.:notgood:
thank you dsmtuners for saving me:dsm: :laser: :talon:

hmmmm well not all of us were born with the vast knowledge of knowing everyint about our rides. i knew what i was gonna get when i got my frist eclipse in 04 (first car) then i read a lot here and stepped it up to my GSX.....then i got bored and got a srt-4. i have always been a fan of decals for my cars like "tein" and "eibach" they just look cool im sorry!!!

98eclipseRS said:
I crop dusted through a conferance room once and laughed at everyones funny faces:confused:

HAHA w00t for teh crop-dusting! i like to stand by the AC vents and let them spread the joy for me.

Seriously though, alot of us start out "Mis-Guided" until we find the right site to help us along the path of ritiousness(spelt so wrong!). i almost bought a civic si to do the normal bolt ons and ricer kit and flashy graphics and wing and rims, thankfully i test drove one and compared to my car at the time(94 Tbird with the 4.6L V8) it wasnt worth the 15k they were asking for it, so i went for a GS Eclipse and stumbled on my GST Spyder (in avatar) on accident because the dealer had it listed and priced as a GS but engine pics showed a different story.

i used to own an 03 tiburon before my 2gA gsx...

red underbody neons
red gills
painted headlight bezel red(then changed them to black)
painted front grille red(then changed back to black)
tein s tech springs
progress rear sway bar

i had modifications stickers on the car... a shops decal on the rear bumper..

heres some pics. (dont be to harsh)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

here's the final product the last day i drove it... :(

just my luck i couldnt afford it main reason i got rid of it.. grew up.. got my hands real dirty with my dsm. and now im hook'd! thanks for the space

vaboys2ndgen said:
i used to own an 03 tiburon before my 2gA gsx...

red underbody neons
red gills
painted headlight bezel red(then changed them to black)
painted front grille red(then changed back to black)
tein s tech springs
progress rear sway bar

i had modifications stickers on the car... a shops decal on the rear bumper..

heres some pics. (dont be to harsh)

here's the final product the last day i drove it... :(

just my luck i couldnt afford it main reason i got rid of it.. grew up.. got my hands real dirty with my dsm. and now im hook'd! thanks for the space

at least the last memories are of a car that looks like it should have.

My GT had the hood scoop honeycomb painted red. made me wonder WTF the reasoning behind such an ugleh mod.

Denji said:
Also, did i mention how many asian girls i would pick up in this thing? seriously, asian girl magnet.. at lights girls would tell me they liked my car etc..

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL teach me the ways of the asian girl magnet!!!

You mean, its not cool that I want a blitz kit and I run my bov uncirculated so I can hear it better? :confused:

All honestly I owned a 95 ESI with a B&M short throw shifter, Boeing 747 wing out back, AEM cold air intake, UDP, and a few other things. Truth is before I discovered this site I actually wanted to paint my car neon green and put the blue eagle on the side with a blitz kit. Now I've confessed...But my car now is completely the opposite as if for my redemption, totally stripped out drag car, nothing ricer in there.

well.... before this I had a 92 Eagle Summit. Interior was painted blue, centers on the wheels blue, anything I could... blue. (The car itself was blue, too) Had blue neons under the seat, and had a silver vinyl decal that took up the back bumper... (it was of the slipknot logo, but on it's side so...)
I also had a 91 laser rs... i planned on putting the dragon z body kit on it, t2 wing, etc.. Well, i sold it before i could destroy it and got the TSI, didn't think for one moment about doing any of that sh!t.

well, there's my confession.

theSicKness said:
Amen brotha teach on! :rocks: :rocks:

No need for a teacher here, its pretty simple really. Asains and rice just go well together.

denniegst said:
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL teach me the ways of the asian girl magnet!!!
Eh, i could only get the halfies. I think its because im only 5'8 and weigh like 130lbs... and you know.. asian girls are shorter.. Id post a picture of a couple modeling my car, but im not sure thats allowed here.

Seriously though, ive dated almost only half asian girls and I get the hot ones! Well.. not anymore with the talon.

I also have aconfession...
When I a lot stupider I bought a brand new 3rd gen GS and thought it was faster than all the other eclipses. I had plans to rice it out and already had neons inside and an intake. I got totally spanked by a real eclipse. I had my girlfriend with me and I was embarrased because I talked it up for soooo long just to find out I was very, very wrong....Since then I have done homework and sold that POS. I am a proud owner of a 1g and plan on doing everything I can to keep it "sleeper style". Now that, that is off of my chest I feel better. Keep it real, DAN

FORMONTOYA said:
Car itself was worth maybe $500 max. Had about $2000 worth of sound in it.

Hi my name's Zack and I'm an al... oh crap. :coy:

My first car was a black, 2 door, fwd, 1980 subaru glf 1600 coupe. -Mind you this was before every subaru was awd. I had 1.6L of pure fury, about 80hp and 0 ftlbs, I had just learned to drive a stick, and I added about ~350lbs / $2500 worth of stereo equipment to a car worth about $1000. I tinted the windows with 2 layers of 5% (read: = black paint), drove around with the trunk lid rattling so hard it would pop open, put blue neons around the headliner, cut the muffler off the 1.75" exhaust and tried pitifully to street race anything that stopped beside me at a streetlight. At that time I also thought my car was the shiznit.

Then my buddy got a Gst and I got clean. :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back