The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

I have a confession guys....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denji

Supporting Member
May 4, 2004
Calabash, North_Carolina
I always see DSM guys talking about how they hate to be judged as a ricer, stupid import guy etc. I just wanted to confess... I was one of "THOSE GUYS" that gave the DSM community a bad name. Im sorry i have to break it to you guys, I gotta get this off my chest.

I had a 96 rs eclipse

I was one of THOSE GUYS that thought for half a year that their car was a 6 cylinder.(true story, my friend finally showed me 4 spark plug wires while i looked in disbelief)

I was one of THOSE GUYS that calculated horsepower from the crank and added up HP numbers to guess my approximate horsepower
i.e. - (to another ricer) "yeah so i have like 140 horses stock.. the ebay cold air intake said it added 10hp, the headers add like 5, the exhaust adds like 10, the free flow cat adds like 5 and then i have the spark plug wires.. so thats like another 5, plus i have bosch platinum 4 spark plugs another good 5hp):rolleyes:

I EVEN HAD THE RESISTOR EBAY "CHIP" MOD=+15hp:barf:

I thought i had 205 hp, enough to beat stock turbo eclipses! You should have seen the look on my face when i encountered one.OMG

I was one of THOSE GUYS that saw a turbo dsm around, and said "ha i got the one without crankwalk!":tease:

I was one of THOSE GUYS that had intake and exhaust for performance, then i had a bodykit, projector headlights, carbon fiber hood, 18" rims and thought my car was a racecar.:notgood:

This all ended upon taking my car to the track for battle of the imports about 3-4 years ago. I entered bracket racing. I put on my car the number 14.5 as the expected 1/4 mile time. That night i got pitted against a nissan sentra-lost. A honda civic si-lost, turbo mr2-lost, rx-7 turbo WON!(his car broke down at the starting line upon launch) then i only actually beat one car, a nissan 300zx non turbo automatic. MY car ran a fast 1/4 of 16.5 and i realized that day that i was a complete idiot. I felt so stupid after this that I started researching, I joined this site, so YOU GUYS SAVED ME!

I researched turbo kits for my rs, found out that it was cheaper to get the performance out of a turbo eclipse, sold the rs eclipse, wanted a 1g turbo awd but ended up with a 2g awd talon.. and thats my confeession.:rocks:

Oh yeah, my rs eclipse and ii was on race team called street evolutionz where my car was the fastest car on it.

Anyone else have any confessions? Let the community hear them and be forgiven!

Denji said:
plus i have bosch platinum 4 spark plugs another good 5hp

joshohatesuall said:
You're forgiven.

No... he's not.

:|

It's okay. When I got my car, I thought I wanted to put neon lights under it. That thought lasted all of 3 months. On to bigger and better things. :)

When I was 12 I really wanted my dads Toyota Tercel. I was going to paint it dark purple and put cow skin seat covers...why?

I dont know.

MrBoxx said:
No... he's not.

:|

It's okay. When I got my car, I thought I wanted to put neon lights under it. That thought lasted all of 3 months. On to bigger and better things. :)

back to the wisconsin DMV with you :mad:

I always dreamed of owning a 65 Chevelle with a 454 and a weiland 870 plopped on top.

oh wait, we're talking about embarassing moments.

in that case, i bought an ebay intake for my del sol and drove around for a year sounding like a constipated bumblebee.

i made my own intercooler pipes, and they look like crap, and pop off at 12 PSI with t-bolt clamps on,i had a white interior all painted by me with spary cans, most of the white parts are off but my white headliner and some dash pieces(back to gray). i painted my stock seats black and still there,and waiting to get money for some racing seat. my car is green under so everytime you take a piece off you see green. so i have to ####ed up my car

i use to own a ford tempo back in the day...i used to ram thing...mainly portapotties...yea i was dumb..

Jesse

Denji said:
I was one of THOSE GUYS that had intake and exhaust for performance, then i had a bodykit, projector headlights, carbon fiber hood, 18" rims and thought my car was a racecar.:notgood:

HEY!

I have intake, exhaust, projector headlights (HID) and 18" rims, and I can hold my own :confused:

I've had 7 Nissan Maximas including my current daily driver.
1991 Pearl SE 5sp. - First Love, totaled
1994 Maroon SE Auto - totaled
1993 White SE Twin Cam 5 sp - totaled
1992 Black SE 5sp - Sold to a Nigerian guy for $1500 (no really)
1994 Black SE Twin Cam 5sp - totaled
1997 White GLE Auto - Gave to my brother
1998 Beige GXE Auto - Nice! Drive it every day.

That's just scratching the surface of my cars, and I'm only 26. :notgood:

Back in the day (late 70s) I use to own an orange Vega wagon. Car itself was worth maybe $500 max. Had about $2000 worth of sound in it.

Maybe that's why my wife gets mad when she's sitting next to me talking.....and I say "what???".

bless me tuners for I have sinned

I havn't washed my dsm in over a month,
and I like Justin Timberlakes new album...

In the name of the father, son, holy spirits....amen.

quickplymouth said:

you definitely ARE NOT forgiven.

i'm calling up the necrowizard right now.

confession: I put a body kit on my 1G DSM.

con: I guess I ruined a perfectly good 1G body to some people.
pro: Im the only other FWD car at the local drag stip with a bodykit that can run a 13.1 :D
pro: I never see too many 4 cylinder cars with a body kit beat up on v-8's....so maybe in my own twisted world, the body kit gives it a sleeper appeal.:confused:

So.. I guess im the only ex ricer in here. It wasnt totally my fault.. I didnt know anyone who knew anything about cars, i just kinda started doing stuff on my own and got it all wrong.

I got my first GST I got it because it had a muffler, orange painted interior and graphics didn't even know it was a turbo...then I discovered AMS and swapped the interior, got a 3" turboback and took the graphics off and discovered that 400whp and fwd can be fun.

you should have tried the turbonator it would have given you like 15 more horse power haha. i always talk up my driving and i ran into one of those yellow posts in the parking lot today in first gear idle.

quickplymouth said:

I like the two songs which I heard from his new CD as well. :shhh:

we all had our days....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

then...

now.......

and yes im ditching the z3's, they came on the car!

Here is the car that started it all

The 205 hp 6 cylinder all motor beast.

I loved the evo, so i got the evo bodykit, the foglights say DENJI on the front, hence the screename, its kinda what got me into cars, even if it was for all the wrong reasons i wouldnt be where i am now if i didnt go through that phase. I used to put off road bulbs in those fogs.. they were serious lights! I had a cop give me a ticket for them once. Also, did i mention how many asian girls i would pick up in this thing? seriously, asian girl magnet.. at lights girls would tell me they liked my car etc.. noone really compliments the talon.. except for guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back