The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

I hate to ask-honda question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
I didnt want to post this but im stumped :banghead:and the guys at hondaclub.com(i guess) dont know anything but bodykits and so on:notgood:..Im a DSM man but my mother just bought my brother a civic and the speedometer is not working. If anybody knows anything about speedsensors on Hondas please help! Heres the original post-

Wuss up guys new to hondaclub, i am stumped on my brothers civic. It is a 96 ex hatch with a 99 front end conversion. The speedometer isnt working. The guy we bought it from had a gsr swap in it. The speed sensor isnt hooked up, and i cannot find the plug that goes to it. The only thing thats left unhooked is one of the o2 sensor plugs and someother plug. So i went to the junk yard and pulled a plug off a 93 civic and it slid right on but it has three wires coming out of it and the only other plug has two wires from it. Is there any speed sensor that has two wires so i can connect it to get my speedometer working..I was looking yesterday and it has(i guess) a vss sensor or something idk-Im a DSM fan, but need help on this honda.
Thanks

I Did..Like i said in the post it was Hondaclub.com...the post has been up there since this morning and not one reply.It's alright i represented with username DSM4g63 i guess thats why no one has replied. But i was wondering if anybody else had a honda that could help because i could get a faster response from you guys. And no shit talkin too i get tired of that shit.

You might try a local honda dealer, or a generic parts store. See if they can find the right sensors for your respective years, or pictures of them. Then you can compare them, and see if you could use the one from the 96 in the 99 trans. Or find the wiring diagrams, and see why they are different. If your local dealer was friendy, they'd pull all their old shop manuals for you and let you figure it out. My local Honda dealer is NOT friendly. My local Mitsubishi dealer is! Go figure.

Thanks guys..im going to rewire the whole speedometer my way so i know whats goin on. The guy we bought it from just be swaping and swaping. But im going to do it, im a DSM'er there's really nothing i cant do(at times)!! I believe he cut all the wires to the sensor out, i took the intake off and couldnt find any loose wires anywhere. So im goin to put it in my hands.

But thanks

You are better off redoing it, and yes, he must have cut it. I was a honda owner for a long time and did 3 different swaps on them. The civic and intergra are the same platform and sound swap very easily. And those particular sensors should be on the wiring harness and plug in. The only thing that would really make things harder is if it was an OBDI in a OBDII car and using the wrong harness. Good luck and i hope it all works out.

Ok guys, i got it....Sorry to ask a Honda question because i graduated from hondas..but no swaps...This is something im trying to fix for my brother. I will have my DSM back next week after 8 months:hellyeah:..i cant wait for the tuning and all the other stuff. Im excited, but thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back