The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

I finally found me a 2g.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmtnr

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2007
Crestview, Florida
Plus its a Spyder!!! So, I've been driving past this 97 Spyder for about a year now. It was just siting in a field with a tarp over it wasting away. I finally gathered some money up and thought I'd find out who if anybody owns this thing. After about a month of search I track down the owner and ask him if he's willing to sell her. He says "sure" but then goes on to tell me that a tree limb feel and busted the roof pretty good and the timing belt snapped. Well I pop open the hood to find a completely blown tore apart motor, no head, no radiator. Only thing good about this car was the tire only had 14 miles on them before he parked it and both bumpers are new. I offered him 400 cash, thinking he wouldn't take it, but to my surprise he said Yes!!!. I couldn't believe it. So now I'm the proud owner of a 1997 Spyder GST! I plan on doing a complete tear down and restoration. I'll keep everybody posted.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I kind of wish I started with a 97 or newer eclipse. Doing a 2gb conversion is expensive.

Plus I keep tossing the idea of going from gray to black interior.

Pics as promised!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Sounds like some fun. You know you're going to be a junkyard maniac right? The spyder tops and hydraulics are pricy!

Actually I want to go mostly new if possible.

Definitely, the guy could've made at least 2 grand just parting it out easily... haha

An old man owned it. His son bought it new in 97. I'm the third owner, only has 84,000 on her.

Pic of the turbo, looks to be in good shape.

[/IMG]

If you need any help with the top let me know, or Brad, i forgot his user name on here. But we're both in FL.

Oh, kinda far but still local to FL! I'm in Lakeland, and by other buddy is in Sebring.

Great looking shell. All that baby needs is a motor, a top, and a respray and it will be niiiice. good job dude.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back