The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I bought my first project!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammalynn

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2011
Scottdale, Pennsylvania
I originally wanted a 2nd gen, but this car caught my eye. Hubby and I went down to South Carolina last weekend looking in tons of lots and all over craigslist. We ended up finding a 91 Talon and drove 3 hours to look at it in North Carolina. We met the guy and checked the car out, it needs a lot of work but I didn't want something complete and ready to go anyways. (I like the idea of putting your personal touch into a car, it makes it truely your own.) We test drove it and it has complications, the transmission was pretty much falling out because the guy didn't torque the bolts down and they rattled out. Ugh. Before that it rode nicely, shifted well and it had potential. (And NO rust!) $800 and 460 miles later, it's home in Pennsylvania.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Our family is big on cars, can you tell? This photo only shows 6 of the 12 on our property.

Anyways...I can't wait to get started on it. I'll probably start de-uglifying the interior accents and I have a stupid turbo badge on the tail light that needs to come off....morons. Oh...and i need a new shift knob. XD It's awful. But when I get paid next friday...many parts will be ordered. :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

WOW. I know the pain of driving 400+ miles for a DSM (my 2nd one was from South Carolina)

at any rate, good job on the find and good luck restoring the car's natural working order :)

That's a nice start! For the price you can't go wrong- a good running 6-bolt is worth what you paid for the car.

Definitely has a ton of potential, and definitely a '91 based on the speedo- I notice the interior has some custom work done, has anything else been modified on the car (bolt-ons)? Is it AWD or FWD?

Last edited:
I have all those parts that are painted red in case you want to swap them out LOL. Nice pickup although you seem to have forgotten to show what under the hood.

I'll post engine pictures soon, I've been working on getting some parts for it so I've been a bit busy. Work starts on it today so I'll post later tonight. I went to a U pull it and grabbed extra interior pieces so I don't have to melt them with paint thinner. It's a FWD, but I'd like to try to convert it to AWD and whenever it's time for a rebuild, it's going turbo.

It's got a cold air intake but it needs fixed...the previous owner sucked at working on his own car. There's also a full exhaust under it, not sure of what brand but i'd like to replace it anyway.

By difficult you mean damn near impossible. Everything's different, the motor mount locations, the firewall, the tunnel, and the whole rear.. Just as easy to awd swap a honda delsol with a 4g63 as it is a fwd dsm. just making sure we're clear here. :thumb: Setting it up for a turbo isn't to bad though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back