The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I am Torn Tuners...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LxiMax

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
I'm torn on what direction I should take my car Tuners. Its a 1995 GST with a hair over 85k on the clock and is in perfect condition minus a small burp at idle. It has virtually no rust on it and I'm the second owner. My conflict is this: Should I stay on course and mildy modify as a DD or leave it in stock unmolested condition and just keep it clean, with the exception of a nice set of wheels?

I'd leave it alone. :)

Stock and clean is a pretty rare combo.... and one you start modifying it; it can be hard to STOP.

well do you want more power? do you want it to be a sleeper or flashy? theres alot of directions you can go in. depends how dedicated you want to be to your car or do you want a new evo or wrx? lots of options. die hard dsmers will always keep modding and going beyond the unexpected.

It's all up to you man. Myself, I like to have a nice looking, reliable weekend cruiser with some speed on it, aiming for 320-350whp which is not hard to achieve. I plan on buying a 1g awd talon and build it for the track. If I were you, i'd keep it mostly stock since it's very rare to find one, with such low miles. Just my .02

I've thought about just doing underhood add-ons such as the FIPK and Injen Intake ( which I've already done ) side mount I/C piping ( in the garage ), DSM Link, and a T28. Going that path would keep it fairly reliable while still looking mostly stock and still making around 230 whp or so with a good tune. As per my driving habits, I drive less then 4k miles a year and hit boost maybe once or twice a day, and that's jumping on the highway at 3k. It makes enough power in stock form for me but a little extra never hurts. I just keep thinking how hard it is to find one of them in stock condition and being clean at the same time. I figure it might influence the value a bit if I decide to sell it. :)

If you do mod it, just don't go crazy cutting up sheetmetal and taking things off. I'm not a fan of short route FMIC's due to having to cut up the car next to the radiator. A T28 with some supporting mods should be fun.

I would just do what you had planned with the t28. It is,really hard to find them clean in stock condition.
Just do light mods. Maybe go with the big t28. I wouldn't do anything that requires any modification to the car.

You want to have,a, fast one get,a project car like,a, clean shell or, something.

If it's your only car, I wouldn't go too crazy.

Save the extra money for other stuff!

Just do what makes you happy with the car. DSM's are never going to really increase in value regardless of how "rare" they become, so I wouldn't worry too much about preserving resale value.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back