The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

I am STUMPPED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tsiawd11s

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2002
Lumberton, New_Jersey
OK, since I got my motor back, it took a while, but it seems that while just cruising at about 10-15 percent throttle, the car will bog down as if getting too much fuel. Sometimes you can press in the clutch, rev the motor and it will clear up. Then two minutes later it will do it again. Sometimes it doesn't clear up. But when you come to a stop and then start off again, it is gone, until two minutes down the road. I thought it was my tps. Put a different one in, still the problem. Here is the kicker... If the tps is disconnected, the car runs perfect, besides running extrememy rich and funny idle, but the problem goes away and never comes back, until you plug the tps back in. I tried resetting the ecu, worked a couple times, but it doesn't phase it anymore. I looked at the ecu, looks fine. Sorry for the long post, but my mods have changed, I am running HRC s20G, 650 injectors, 255 pump, safc, je 9:1 pistons 1G big rods, 6 bolt, and stock cams.
I was told that it might be because I don't have the web cams anymore. I have an HKS 264 intake cam, waiting for the exhaust cam. Would it hurt to put the intake cam in with the stock exhaust cam? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back