The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Hyundai Valve Cover, what bolts to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Proven Member
Oct 2, 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
Alright so I picked up this Hyundai valve cover last week, I have been searching this topic for weeks (been looking for a valve cover for awhile), the only info I can find for the bolts on a Hyundai valve cover is for the black shaved one, which does for a fact have larger bolt holes and a thicker base.

But I can not find a confirmation (I have actually only found 1) that the silver non-shaved Hyundai valve cover doesn't use bigger/longer bolts. I have measured everything and compared it to my current stock valve cover and it all matches perfectly, so based off of that I should be able to use the stock bolts that I currently have.

I just want to get a second opinion before I go through the trouble to repaint and install this valve cover only to have it not work, plus it could be helpful to future dsmers who have the same question. I don't mind buying new bolts, it would give me an excuse to buy stainless allen head bolts. :sneaky:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Use your bolts from the valve cover you have on now they are the same, only the sonata valve cover uses thicker bolts. Your oem bolts will work , hope this helps :)

Yup, like stated, OE ones will work. But if you wanted to get new ones, say stainless steel (nice and shiny) then they are M6x1.0x25mm. I do not remember the size of the wire cover bolts though.

Yup, like stated, OE ones will work. But if you wanted to get new ones, say stainless steel (nice and shiny) then they are M6x1.0x25mm. I do not remember the size of the wire cover bolts though.

I believe the spark plug cover is M6x1.0x15mm. I am tempted to get all stainless bolts, but we will see.

I believe the spark plug cover is M6x1.0x15mm. I am tempted to get all stainless bolts, but we will see.
Pretty sure they're longer than 15mm. That's asking to pull the threads out of the head.

Pretty sure they're longer than 15mm. That's asking to pull the threads out of the head.

They may be, I don't have the original ones to check with. 20mm would probable be better for the spark plug wire cover. I do plan on buying 25mm & 20mm Allen head stainless bolts now for all of the valve cover bolts, coming from McMaster-Carr.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back