The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

RWD Tiburon 2007 [Merged 11-7] Genesis Hyundai

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

was this the supposed "Mustang Killer" hyundai was going to produce that was basically the Tiburon with a 300hp V6?

I think not. I think this is the sedan version, with a coupe version to follow. The coupe would hopefully be the Mustang killer.

LOL good thing i have a cobra then :D im sick of having to smack around all the 05+ GT guys by myself!

Two totally different cars you're looking at. The coupe is not the Genesis. Many magazines and online websites have been giving it the wrong name. The Genesis is the replacement for the top of the line Hyundai that they've always had in Korea, but are just not bringing to the US.

Ah, but they are bringing the Genesis to the US this summer. In the first article I posted, they state that this is a totally new RWD platform for the US market. They also state that this same platform will spawn other models, including (possibly) the aforementioned Coupe.

Yea, im not sure where you read that, but im almost positive i read that the rwd genesis is coming to America this summer. I think i saw it on hyundais website.

James :laser:

Why wouldnt you. The car is a nice powerful v6, rwd fun, and the warranty, best in the business. 100000 mile, please, if i had 30k to drop, thats what it would be on for a stock DD. Just imho.

Please tell me gchild, why you wouldn't want a luxury coupe with such a good warranty and excellent look, and good power. No to be rude, but that car will more than likely sell because of all those aspects. I know there are probably better cars for 30k out there, but not with all those attributes. You could buy and evo or sti, buts it not luxury, you could buy an accord or Avalon, but not good looking, or fun to drive. You could buy a 350z, oh wait, theres the competition. :D: :thumb:

^^ thats what I am trying to say but you retards are like "Welcome to the 21st century. We have punch and cookies to the left." Idiot

Hey, I never said that I would buy this car as a DD if I had 30k. You asked when people started considering Hyundai nice, and its been happening for years now.

Let me go sell my car and go by 10 of yours because you have such good taste in cars bud

Haha I cant believe you had to quote me 2 minutes after your last comment. I guess I really got to you huh? WTF

Stop living in the 90's and open your mind a bit ok? And name calling, C'mon do we really need to resort to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I like it its something new and different I think it looks bad ass, back and more pissed off than before:sneaky: Yea its more expensive than the hyundai but you get AWD with it..:thumb:

^^ I like it its something new and different I think it looks bad ass, back and more pissed off than before:sneaky: Yea its more expensive than the hyundai but you get AWD with it..:thumb:

Well in California RWD is probably the most wanted platform, but I can see your point.

I dont mind the looks (aside from the horrible tails), but from what Ive seen they have seriously removed a lot of the testosterone that the evoIX had.

If I had the money right now, and I had to choose between the two, I honestly think I would pick the new STi.

Hopefully if the genesis coupe/Camaro/Challenger sell like hotcakes then we will see more cheap RWD cars in the future.

Well in California RWD is probably the most wanted platform, but I can see your point.

I dont mind the looks (aside from the horrible tails), but from what Ive seen they have seriously removed a lot of the testosterone that the evoIX had.

If I had the money right now, and I had to choose between the two, I honestly think I would pick the new STi.

Did the Sti's only come out in a wagon? Thats all ive seen..:notgood:

Theyll sell like hotcakes if you got the money..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back