The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

hyperutectic piston??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
what are the goods and bads of hypereutectic pistons?? i was thinking of buying some, but dont know if i should. i have a 91 talon and i cracked 3pistons and looking to get new ones. the reason i an asking about these pistons is because im getting them for 134.00 with rings and i think that is a fairly good price, but i want opinions before i buy them. im on a $300 dollar budget for pistons. help!!!

should i get these pistons?? the pistons are $134 for all 4. i am looking for pistons in the $200 price range. the reason they say my pistons cracked was because i was running too lean. all i have is a 3in catback and a act 2100, no boost controller. i would run with the 2g maf every once in a while but no longer than a day. just usually at the track.

Originally posted by streetraceboi
should i get these pistons?? the pistons are $134 for all 4. i am looking for pistons in the $200 price range. the reason they say my pistons cracked was because i was running too lean. all i have is a 3in catback and a act 2100, no boost controller. i would run with the 2g maf every once in a while but no longer than a day. just usually at the track.

Well, as long as you only run it lean when you're beating the crap out of it you shouldn't have a problem. :laugh:

$134 is really cheap for pistons I think. Are they used or something? www.turbotrix.com has decent prices on pistons if I remember right.

BTW, why is this still in Extreme Tech?

Originally posted by streetraceboi
im on a $300 dollar budget for pistons. help!!!

stock pistons are the shit.

I got a perfectly good set of 95 pistons I'll sell ya. Let me know:)

Originally posted by silverbulletAWD
BTW, why is this still in Extreme Tech?

:shhh:

Well hypereutectic pistons only have a higher amount of silicon in them, if i were rebuilding a block I would save up and just get me a set of forged pistons. They are much more resiliant than stock.

i decided to go with stock pistons from eagleautomotivewarehouse.com. hopefully car will be up by this weekend. thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back