The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Hyper black or just black

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabeGST

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2003
West Chester, Ohio
What color 5zigen fn-01-rc should i get the hyperblack or just plain black for a black car. Also should i get 17X7 or 17X8 or 17X9 :dsm:

17x8 HYPERBLACK

I just got some hyperblack rev wheels in today,,wow they look nice... :)
Black gives your car too much of that "missing hubcap look" unless you have a nice polished lip and some good looking big brakes. Just my .02 cents

Well that's a toughy. I was talking to my bud eclipsetrbo420a and he wants to go to black after having some hyperblack (opal) rims. But here's a pic of the sweetest black 2g ever, redturboeclipse...

2784bling.jpg

dsmmyth said:
Well that's a toughy. I was talking to my bud eclipsetrbo420a and he wants to go to black after having some hyperblack (opal) rims. But here's a pic of the sweetest black 2g ever, redturboeclipse...

2784bling.jpg

Yah, notice the polished lip and nice big rotors though :)
If you dont have both i would go w/ hyperblack personally, just my opinion though. The black rims in the first posted link look too plain and dull, espcially w/ no lip.

Im not a fan of colored rims but id deff say the hyper black, those that you showed are like one of very few that i think actualy look good. :thumb:

Get black , hyper black IS chrome in most lights .....only at night will they have there hyperness LOL ;) get the black 17x8

look in my gallery , they are hyperblack and now are sold

dsmmyth said:

2784bling.jpg

I like the all black scheme also , sweet 2g if not the sweetest

anyone know what rims those are ?

STECARS said:

its a secret :shhh:

i asked , he said he 'didnt know'

STECARS said:

theres a set "like" them on ebay , look up black rims or somthing :thumb:

dave99gst said:
its a secret :shhh:

i asked , he said he 'didnt know'

HA, those sure as hell look like REV Xl 's to me.
Guess the secrets out :rolleyes: :p

Heres a link ,, 3rd row from the bottom, the REV XI 's.

I just got some rev's, NICE finish and only 19 pounds for the 18's . :)

oooooooo those are nice -
i went with some HSR's kind of the same thing - black 5spokes
i just got them today ( like a few hours ago ) And there allready on the car :thumb:

Crappy pic takin at night in my garage, but they are Satin black.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm pretty happy with my Enkei GTV hyperblacks

Attachments

• gst_front_devry.jpg
    gst_front_devry.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 392
i just tried to encourage people that with all teh stock looking 97-99 looks around here.. rims are really the only way to personalize the car... i tel everybody to look real hard for rims they like that no one else has.. that will add to the uniqueness and that aura of "damn thats a hot car".. because its rare thing and tastefully done.. indeed i got a lot of ideas from old members.. but i wanted to add my personally touch to it .. in that i suceed.. i feel i did wen a lot look up to ur car :)
good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back