The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

hx40 with vrsf fmic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
leaving no more posts

Last edited:
I ran 44 psi and made 575 on Buschurs Mustang dyno on an HX40 and the 2g VRSF core... obviously not the same but its an example..

I'd gain ~20 degrees intake temperature post intercooler on a 1-4 pull... at 95 degrees ambient temperatures..

It should do alright. A better choice would be moving to an ETS Core. They are a little more pricey but they are more efficient. You can go with a VRSF but just keep an eye on IAT's during pulls. If they get too high then you know its time to move to a better intercooler.

+1 to what Ricky said. Good intercooler, the only real issues with it are the poor build quality with the pipes and flanges, plus the hardware doesn't fit. Couplers aren't the best either.

ETS FMIC is a lot more efficient, but its also twice the price. You get what you pay for, the SSAC/VRSF Kit is worth the ~300$ price tag.

I suppose I'd also like to add that it depends on what fuel you're going to run..if its e-85 or you're spraying Methanol or running race gas the cores efficiency isn't nearly as important as if you're running straight pump gas and trying to make decent numbers..

Im going to be spraying 70/30 moth

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back