The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

hx40 - 575 AWHP/521 AWTQ on Mustang Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dacowgod

Supporting Vendor
Feb 3, 2006
Morgantown, West_Virginia
Made 575 AWHP and 521 AWTQ on buschur mustang dyno at the shootout this weekend. Intake temps were over 100 degrees and Wastegate was blowing open at 6K rpm .. I'm sure it had at least 50 or more in it if the wastegate would have stayed shut!!

Oh well I have attached the DSMLink logs... Airflow is somewhat uncalibrated since my MAP sensor can only measure up to 39.4 and I was somewhere over that LOL

Attachments

• Dynorun1.elg
    15.8 KB · Views: 201
Definitely post this in the Holset Results Thread, Ricky...you can update the post there at any time with newer (bigger) dyno numbers and timeslips as they come. I can't wait to see where this is going when you get a stronger wastegate spring installed!

I also gave you and Dave props in the DSM Shootout 2009 thread. It was a great weekend, indeed. I tried giving you a call tonight to make sure everyone in your group made it home OK with all the alternator / transmission problems that arose.

Damn nice numbers!
Is this on a stock intake? I didn't see a smim in your profile

SMIM was installed about a week be4 the shootout.. Was a custom job by a member of this board, Although I bought it from him on Ebay so I don't know his username on here LOL.. anyways Thanks for the props guys!

Excellent job! Did you ever get back on the dyno with a new wastegate spring?
We raced once, and you sat at the line for a little bit and let me go. About halfway down the track here she comes, pulling hard as hell. :D There's a video around here somewhere.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Car made good numbers but only ran a 12.6 must need someone that knows how to drive to drive it LOL

He bogged on the first run (not used to the new power band?) and he broke the tranny on the second run. 12 1/2 sec on a 2.7 60ft time is pretty damn impressive!

yeah it is but i ran a 12.5 @ 93mph because i blew an intercooler pipe half way through third gear so like i said driver error

If im not mistaken that was his first time at the track launching his car with the Twin Disc clutch....Cause I asked him if hes practiced launching on the street and he said no... so yea it is probley pretty difficult launching for the first time when your clutch is either there or not twin disc are tricky....Hell I practice at least a couple times a week launching at random spots its somthing you gotta get just right

well my one evo has a twin disk in it and i dont have probs launching it but i guess SOME ppl do LOL

We raced once, and you sat at the line for a little bit and let me go. About halfway down the track here she comes, pulling hard as hell. :D There's a video around here somewhere.

Needs the driver mod?

yeah it is but i ran a 12.5 @ 93mph because i blew an intercooler pipe half way through third gear so like i said driver error

Freak things happen when you're not running right. But to think about what you've put into your car, I've bogged and just finished the run to get off the track. Why blow something up trying to save a run when you can run a few minutes later? Practice? :idontknow: That's what he needs, I guess. But still think that with a 2.7 60ft that he would have about 2 seconds to catchup on by the end of the track. Seams that every 10th saved at the 60ft equals about 2 at the 1320 marker.

well im not going to argue but he dynoed with no knock so he was running right... but freak things do happen like shifting from 1st to 2nd then back to 1st and blowing a engine or tranny bogging is not a freak thing

well im done arguing but i thought i would tell him he cant drive because he told me i couldnt time a 4g so thats why i said it was driver error and stuff.

Wow those are some stupid high numbers on a mustang dyno! My car has never seen a dyno not really sure if it ever will but it would be nice to actually get some numbers on paper.

Lol I agree , definitely driver error, but considering I have never even had it at the track once this year sort of expected..

No go on the re-dyno.. Buschur didn't have any springs big with enough pressure... I'll get it on a dyno again next month hopefully... trying to put together enough parts and money to get a better tranny... Need to get those 18's off at the track too.

Props to you man. The car is a beast. Rode in it while tuning it in. Crazy fast.

norwalk is a stickey track too. That could also an issue with someone that hasn't ran there before
Not this year it wasn't. I was shocked figuring how hot it was outside, but there were plenty of guys having traction issues.

I watched them spray the start area a couple times when the Quick 16 guys came out, but they never put down any of the powdered compound that normally breaks driveline parts on DSM's. In the past I've seen that track so sticky that track personnel have walked out of their shoes.

Definitely post this in the Holset Results Thread, Ricky...you can update the post there at any time with newer (bigger) dyno numbers and timeslips as they come. I can't wait to see where this is going when you get a stronger wastegate spring installed!

I also gave you and Dave props in the DSM Shootout 2009 thread. It was a great weekend, indeed. I tried giving you a call tonight to make sure everyone in your group made it home OK with all the alternator / transmission problems that arose.

Justin, I am sure you talked to Ricky, but we made it home okay with the alternator issues. We just had to stop a few times because my battery was boiling (rotten egg smell most of the ride). The tranny made it a lot further than I thought it would, but not home.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back