1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hurricane Isaac

Posted by nuclearr, Aug 26, 2012

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. nuclearr

nuclearr Proven Member

Joined Jun 22, 2004
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hope every one fairs well for this storm. Once again I am set to lose more dsm's that I have no where to put. Not even sure where to put my spyder or my other vehicles. Now that my house is raised I dont have much to worry there. I expect some where between 2-7 feet of water under my house. I do have to worry about the dead 100' tall 3' wide pine tree that is 10' from my house on the neighbors property coming down on the house though.

Street Build 983  2

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. gabytech

gabytech Proven Member

Joined Nov 19, 2007
    Daytona, Florida
    My DSM got lucky Isaac wasnt welcomed in Puerto Rico...

3. SpiderGST

SpiderGST Proven Member

Joined Sep 13, 2011
    Frisco, Texas
    Good luck man. I would get that tree down asap with a chainsaw.

4. KuckFatrina

KuckFatrina Proven Member

Joined Sep 18, 2011
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Luckily Katrina knocked down most of the weak trees around my house but I still have to worry about flood water. My eclipse isn't insured yet, so I am very paranoid about it. Fingers crossed!

2K  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. 97mitzugst

97mitzugst Proven Member

Joined Oct 26, 2009
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Good luck to you and everyone else in the path of Isaac.

267  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  6. KuckFatrina

Joined Sep 18, 2011
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Well the flood water stopped short of my house. And no trees fell onto my roof. I was able to save my babies... but full two car garage my ass... barely able to fit anything else in there
    12-56EA5D6E-1226336-960.jpg

2K  0

manual · 1G DSM
  7. Gysgt Guy

Gysgt Guy Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2011
    Lubbock, Texas
    I wish my garage was that wide! Mirrors a few inches from the walls on either side and you still have to be careful not to ding the other car when you get out.

8. nuclearr

nuclearr Proven Member

Joined Jun 22, 2004
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Wish I could. That pine tree is near 100 feet tall and has a circomfrence of more than 4 feet. Also it leans toward the steet and on the other side of the street is power lines. So I can not drop it.

I faired well I only got 2' of standing water under the house. I jacked up two of my dsms and they apeared not to have gotten wet. The my dd/profile car was high and dry at my mothers. Along with my camry and truck.

Street Build 983  2

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. KuckFatrina

Joined Sep 18, 2011
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    Glad to hear everything turned out okay.

2K  0

manual · 1G DSM
  10. OutKastGSX

OutKastGSX Proven Member

Joined Aug 4, 2012
    St. Amant, Louisiana
    Yea glad to here y'all faired well.my dsm is still in the shop on the lift 6 feet in the air LOL. so i hasent worried LOLolLOLol.