The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Huge idle problems after putting 95 eprom in my 97 gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoold

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2003
Indianapolis, Indiana
So today i switched ecu's with my buddy, my 97 ecu for his 95 eprom ecu. I took it apart and inspected it, it was almost brand new.

Plugged it into my car, swapped plug wires 3 & 4 around, and swapped plug wires 1 & 2 around, and it fired up fine. It idled fine as well.

As soon as i put a load on the motor (start to creep forward, put it in gear and go, etc), it will drop to nothing for idle and stall.

It wont stay idle at all nearly, unlesss you give it gas manually.

Now, i do not have any idea as to what year motor/head are in my car. Its a 97, no CAS on the pass side of the head, etc. THe 95 eprom came from a 95 WITH a CAS on the pass side of the head. Other than that, i cant think of anything else?

The car will be getting dsmlink in 8 days, but i dont want to die within those 8 days because the car stalls on me between shifts or at stop lights, ya know?

Any ideas?

I just did the same thing a week ago to test my ecu. Drive the car around easily with little to no boost for about 10 minutes and then after that start driving more agressively. The ecu will take a while to "get used to" your car. Everything goes back to "default mode" when the ecu doesn't have power for a while. After 20 minutes of driving around it worked fine for me.

Hey I'm the guy Spoold swapped ECU's with. Not to threadjack him or anything but after putting his ECU in, my car has been hesitating under boost. Im not sure if the car is missing or if I have a mad boost leak? Im going to try what housegsx said and let my car idle and drive it nice and slow and if that doesnt work should I just disconnect the battery to reset the ECU? Thanks :thumb:

-Joe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back