The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

hubcentric dampner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar

15+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2003
Titusville, Florida
While performing a timing belt job on a 97 gsx auto I noticed the harmonic dampner is hubcentric.
I don't recall seeying this before. When did this start?

According to ASA there was a part change in 03 of 96, but later all 94 - 99 parts were superseded by MD377604.

The parts apply regardless of transmission type.

is that the part number for the dampner? are you able to check the number for the matching crank sprocket? The I.d. for the sprocket is 82mm. The crank o.d. is slightly less than that. The slot for the key is at 9 o'clock when cylinder one is at TDC.

what is the i.d. for a 6 bolt crank sprocket? I think I have one lying around...Is the slot for the key the same?

thx

There was a part number change in 12/95 to MD326852, that part also supersedes the one used prior to 12/95.

All cranks use the same size key.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back