The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How's your car on the street?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcelr8n

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2003
toronto, Ontario_Canada
how do you find youre cars on the street generally speaking... do you enjoy driving it to and from everyday, or would you prefer not to.
I'm starting to dislike driving it everyday, its quirkiness is quite aggravating along with all the rattles and hums and just general loud noises. I get in my dads new altima and its so smooth, then again all my complaints disappear when i open it up :D
so how do you enjoy driving the car around, is it practical? would you prefer another dd.

I had my agx's set pretty stiff all this winter because it was too cold to crawl under the car to change them and im just so used to it but i know when other people ride in my car they hate it cause its so damn bumpy. I drive my moms grand am every once in a while and think this is quiet and smooth but when i turn on an off ramp the thing doesnt handle for shit compared to my talon.

Id sacrifice the sound and the bumpyness for a car that was fun to drive rather than regular car.

each morning i wake up and cant wait to get ready for work and drive it. then i get to work and get out of the car and the first thing i think of is i cant wait for work to end so i can drive it some more.

there only thing wrong now is i have alot of road noise coming from my backseat cause i took them out and am redoing my fiberglass enclosure, and i can hear all the rocks, fuel pump and wind pretty loud when above 50ish. other than that i love the thing.

Ill say this much, I do notice little creeks and what not. All I do is turn up teh radio, and everything is good. Only thing I hate is the abuse on the car in traffic. For having a well modded car I am just happy I can daily drive it, I put about 30-40 miles everyday guaranteed.

No matter what you drive, new cars ruin you. And, with little regard as to what the new car is. Have you driven a new Echo or any other little crapbox? It's all put together so nice and it's so quiet, and it doesn't really matter all that much if it isn't fast, it's just so nice inside.....

Yeh. Doesn't matter for about a month, if you're lucky. Then you'll ride in some other new car.....

Be glad it was an Altima. My best friend got a Lexus when they first came out. My god.

It's just human nature. That, and things like not being able to kill the stupid or devour our young is just part of the endless trials we set-up for ourselves.

But what the hell, animals don't get to drive at all.

ahh well its 4:22 am I started working on my talon at 2ish and i posted what i was doing in the general section my o2 poped out right below the manifold and sounded like a semi if thats not dedication to a dsm i dont know what is because i sat there and looked for the exuast leak for a long time I did this becuase i dident want it to sound bad while driving it becuase i love driving my talon, i wake up everymorning to let her run for a bit and then drive to work get out a work and drive more it handels nice for everyday driving besides the bumpy ride hight and i would have stayed up all night to fix my talon becuase i care about the apperence of my baby! :talon: :talon: :talon: :thumb:

i love my car.its chorus of rattles and vibrations are reassuring.its when they stop making noise is when i worry.the only thing that makes me wish i was driving something else is the rare occasions it smokes.(im unwelcome at mcdonalds after filling both the pay and pickup window with putrid exhaust smoke)

I love driving my car everyday. I park my car close to the shop's doors and windows so I can look at it when I walk by and just think to myself "Man, I can't wait to get off on my lunch break and go drive".

I really can't complain about my car. Only think that bugs me is the drive side window rattle. But that can be solved with the window's down, radio up and to nice deep tone of my exhaust :cool:

I love my car so much, I drive it everyday and I wouldn't have it any other way. No phantom knocks, no rattles, no wind noise, everything works perfect. Love it. :D :)

Seriously, driving my dsm is the highlight of my day. Yeah, I wish it was assembled like a porsche, but thats where you come in. Either fix it, or turn up the radio.

I enjoy knowing that my car is setup the way I want it. If I wanted a luxury car, I would have bought one. I enjoy my stiff suspension, and dont mind slowing down for bumps so I dont bottom out. I have no backseats, which people are like, why, you cant drive anyone, but it is what I wanted. I love being able to hear my car spool, and just LOVE driving it. I havent had my car out for like 7 months b/c of school and whatnot, but I cant wait to drive it. I go home on break and just sit in it. OMG
Like you said, it aint the smoothest or quietest, but it is what I love.

--Kyle :talon:

2gtalonman said:
ahh well its 4:22 am I started working on my talon at 2ish and i posted what i was doing in the general section my o2 poped out right below the manifold and sounded like a semi if thats not dedication to a dsm i dont know what is because i sat there and looked for the exuast leak for a long time I did this becuase i dident want it to sound bad while driving it becuase i love driving my talon, i wake up everymorning to let her run for a bit and then drive to work get out a work and drive more it handels nice for everyday driving besides the bumpy ride hight and i would have stayed up all night to fix my talon becuase i care about the apperence of my baby! :talon: :talon: :talon: :thumb:
I see your keyboard has an exclamation point. No other punctuation keys?

LandoAWD said:
I see your keyboard has an exclamation point. No other punctuation keys?

At least there was one comma in there :D ;)

I hate it. Blown shocks and my winter tires make the ride bouncy as hell. The blown turbo and 7.8 compression make it slow as hell. Oh, and the lifters tick like theres no tomorrow :cry:

telly699 said:
but thats where you come in. Either fix it, or turn up the radio.

I'm with you, I gave up getting annoyed by those random noises and now I just turn the volume up.

Until bass gets too loud and back seat belt vibrates against the speaker, d'oh :D

I love driving my car on the street. I have managed to track down and eliminate pretty much ever rattle and the car doesn't act all that different than a stock car for the most part. Idle is a little funky from time to time but it doesn't bother me too much.

I love driving my car, and sometimes when I have nothing else to do...I can just drive my car for hours. But on the other hand, some of the other cars I've ridden in, can beat my car in smoothness and quietness. When I ride in my girlfriends jaguar(yeah I said it, jaguar...no lie, i couldnt believe it when she got it myself) the thing feels like you're driving on air. Some bumps you could really feel in my car seems like she ran over nothing in hers. But i still love my car...because it feels like i should be carrying a cane or a walker out of the jag...It feels like an old person's car to me.

I hate my car. Rattles all over the place, my once good system has blown speakers, and the sub got yanked, turbo is going, etc etc. I had more money in high school than in college to fix problems :thumbdown

I hate driving my turbo laser. Mainly cuz it's an automatic. I used to look forward to the drive to school when I had my 97 gsx. Now I dread it. It's teal and rusty :p . But I paid 1000 bucks so what can ya do. And it does have 130k on it now. I LOVE driving my talon. Even with a saggy headliner and it's bone stock I love it!! I think I just missed driving a stick. But everyday I drive the laser I wish more for spring (cuz it's for sale then!!!) But for the most part I enjoy my dsms (5-speeds) way more than the average commuter car :dsm: :talon:

i love driving mine, going from a 88' 626 to my galant is just like night and day. I love driving mine, but i am to afraid of someone hitting it.

My rear hatch rattles, there's a sqeaky noise coming from the left rear brakes, my struts are shot, no power steering, clutch engages violently, tranny grinds 2nd when it's cold outside....yup, I love driving this thing every day. :thumb:

xcelr8n said:
how do you find youre cars on the street generally speaking... do you enjoy driving it to and from everyday, or would you prefer not to.
I'm starting to dislike driving it everyday, its quirkiness is quite aggravating along with all the rattles and hums and just general loud noises. I get in my dads new altima and its so smooth, then again all my complaints disappear when i open it up :D
so how do you enjoy driving the car around, is it practical? would you prefer another dd.

Agreed, sometimes I wish I had a normal car and at times not even I want to hear an external wastegate.
I tend to drive other cars faster due to lack of any kind of road feel. After a short while, I grow really tired of a squishy,poor handling, slow car and forget all about how rude the GSX is. I love the car but I've built an NVH Engineer's nightmare.

so far i havent minded mine when it works... i dont like the turning radius though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back