The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

How would you spell the BOV noise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunch_Box

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2003
Sherwood Park, Alberta_Canada
Just as the title says if you were to spell the BOV noise how would you do it? This is what I got PSSHHHT. I am asking because I am thinking about getting a lisense plate of this.

My GF says my car goes "nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm tsh!"

well mine depends on how much psi i was at before it went off @ 15 psi it pshaauhhhh but at like 5-6 psi its ktshhh

My Greddy Type S goes:

low boost/normal shifting: Pshweeeeeee......
WOT: PSHHH!!!

i've only had it for a week and a half or so.. it's almost a little annoying the high pitched whistle, tweetie sound after every shift.. The guy at the brake shop today commented on it. "That's one heckuva loud wastegate you've got there" (I just assume he meant that bov)

haha my dumbazz is sitting here sounding all these out trying to figure out which is most accurate. My HKS SSQ was like Tssstoooo I guess LOL

i get flutter at lower boost levels, so its like "pshhht, ta ta ta ta...."

then when i let off slowly its "eeeee!!!"

then when i let off quickly during racing its just "psht!"

My car go WOO WOOOOOOOO!!!! Nah, just kidding. spool swsssssssssssss-blowoff pshhhhhhst or sometimes I can slowly let off the gas so that it drag out the blowoff and it just sounds like a whistle.

BabyBlue_pimp said:
my girlfriend says, it just sounds like sneezing... LOL

ahahha ive been told a few times that my car is sneezing

turbolaserAWDrs said:
haha my dumbazz is sitting here sounding all these out trying to figure out which is most accurate. My HKS SSQ was like Tssstoooo I guess LOL

LOL I am too making all these noises out loud :laugh:

Normal Driving~~~~ tsssinnnnnnkkkkkkk~~ LIKE SOMEONE SHARPENING A KNIFE
WOT~~~~ VRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PSSHHHHHHHHH VRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PSSHHHHHHHHH

I have a Crushed 1st Gen

:laugh: funnies tthread on here in a while

hks ssqv would go whootiiiiiiiiiiiiishhhhh id say.

but man i feel lame typing that out.

i really do think a sneeze is an accurate descdription...i have a crushed 1g bov

67goatpimp said:
i really do think a sneeze is an accurate descdription...i have a crushed 1g bov

In my area, thats what it is called when a car blew off. If you drive past someobdy and "sneeze" on them. The first time my girlfriend heard me say something like that she said "ewww thats nasty"...I then explained what it meant..

My highly crushed 1g goes "chi-chi-chi-chooooooooooo." Compressor surge, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

The RFL is just a nasty mean sounding "CHUFF!"

If you have a type-s, your license plate could be "I queefed."

My POS 2g Stock BOV past it's holding point makes a fairly loud CHUFF. Time to get UICP and the 1g BOV on there.

Waaaaaaaaaa-doosh! - Blitz BOV

or when I was apparently ####y whooped by a girl, I was told my bov makes a
waaaa-tish (like a whip).

kpt4321 said:
My highly crushed 1g goes "chi-chi-chi-chooooooooooo." Compressor surge, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

The RFL is just a nasty mean sounding "CHUFF!"

If you have a type-s, your license plate could be "I queefed."

hahaha...oh thats great. even recirculated the greedy type-rice oops i mean type-s sounds like a queef.

my baby sneezes between shifts, and at wot she burps.....BRRAAAAAAAH...fear the wastegate.

ive always loved the sound of the hks racing type 2 coupled with a large turbo(fp3065 and bigger). just one even-sounding WHOOOSH.

aside from the bov, wastegate dump, other sounds include(but not limited to), tranny whine(syncs are ####ered), the beautiful whir of the big16g, and the pshhhh of the 3" dejon intake pipe and pos filter. good stuff. :dsm:

Mine goes.....vrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.......BOOM! :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back