The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How Would My Car Run Without A Wideband?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadepro22

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Seneca, South_Carolina
My MTX-L wb took a dump on me and I either have to send it off for repair or buy a new one. I'm thinking the car wouldn't run once I take the gage out to send it in for repair so my question is will the car just have to be down with the gage out? It runs now but I can tell the difference. If it has to be down I just might have to buy a new one so I can leave this one hooked up.

Well this is a good thread for me....I have link but no wideband, yet. Can I run my car with just link? This might be a one answer question for us nubes such as me. Sry. Don't let me get anyone off the OP post. :pray:

You said your car was running different since the wideband failed. I'm assuming you are simulating narrowband because of this. I was asking if u use the innovate to simulate narrowband or you use dsmlink to do this. If you haven't wired an innovate into your factory 02, you can just drop in a factory sensor and not run simulated in link.

If you simulate narrowband with you wideband like I do, you need tour wideband for the car to run properly.

Well this is a good thread for me....I have link but no wideband, yet. Can I run my car with just link? This might be a one answer question for us nubes such as me. Sry. Don't let me get anyone off the OP post. :pray:

You will be fine to drive, but not to tune. You still should have your factory wb connected. In my case my factory wb wire is cut and the wb takes the place of the factory one.

You said your car was running different since the wideband failed. I'm assuming you are simulating narrowband because of this. I was asking if u use the innovate to simulate narrowband or you use dsmlink to do this. If you haven't wired an innovate into your factory 02, you can just drop in a factory sensor and not run simulated in link.

If you simulate narrowband with you wideband like I do, you need tour wideband for the car to run properly.

Now that makes sense LOL. I use link to sim the wb. That's why I was thinking I couldn't run without it.

Last edited:
Do you run your WB in the front O2 position (since I don't have a rear O2 on my '90) and wire it to the stock O2 connector or do you still have to tap the wire on the ECU. Any more comments/clarifications are very much welcome.

So if you were me, would you weld a bung in the piping somewhere downstream (36"+/-) at a 10* angle and wire it to the ECU pin 104 (if I remember correctly). Yes my stock O2 is in the front position now and I am going to bolt everything back together this weekend. I am running Link V3 but my WB isn't in yet. You can tell some of these things I am definately a nube on so anymore info to help me get my monster running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back