The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G How to tell if the TCU is an EPROM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Take the 4 screws off from the casing and when you open it up you will clearly see a chip solder on the board. Thats you eprom TCU.

So there is no way to tell from the outside? What year models do tcu eproms come in on thw 2g's?

i actually have one that im not using. i think i have a pic of it let me see if i can find it

the chip labeled MB65 is the EPROM chip

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know this is an old thread. I am wondering what an EPROM TCU is worth if I (needed or) wanted to purchase one? Also where would I get it socketed and a chip made for it? I'm new to auto stuff...

I know this is an old thread. I am wondering what an EPROM TCU is worth if I (needed or) wanted to purchase one? Also where would I get it socketed and a chip made for it? I'm new to auto stuff...

Eprom tcu's usally are around $70 to $100. Sometimes maybe alittle less or sometimes alot more. Just have to do alittle looking to find a good deal. I got my chipped at foreign muslce.com . They do a great job. Lmk if you need a tcu, I may have a extra one sitting around.

Which years/models came with the eprom tcu?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back