The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How to tell if motor mount is aftermarket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahreeoh17

Proven Member
Jul 12, 2020
California
Hey all,

I'm replacing my motor mounts and as some of you know the front roll stop on a 2G AWD is NLA, so I purchased a used one in good condition from Performance Part out. I'm not sure if it's oem or not, I've attached what looks like a part number on the front, along with the capital letter B on both sides. Any ideas?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You already asked this before & the answer is still the same. You will never get an OE motor mount & all of the Mitsubishi style motor mounts will be OEM unless you go with a performance motor mount.
What is your definition of aftermarket, OE, & OEM? The RockAuto motor mount are OEM meaning they are made to OE specifications. OE would be the mount that came from Mitsubishi when your car was first made & assembled.

You already asked this before & the answer is still the same. You will never get an OE motor mount & all of the Mitsubishi style motor mounts will be OEM unless you go with a performance motor mount.
What is your definition of aftermarket, OE, & OEM? The RockAuto motor mount are OEM meaning they are made to OE specifications. OE would be the mount that came from Mitsubishi when your car was first made & assembled.

That's incorrect. I didn't ask this particular question about this specific motor mount ever on this forum. You however asked me that question before and I declined to respond because the answers are obvious. Please read the actual question before responding.

There’s a possibility but the likelihood of it being OEM is slim I believe.

I'm just trying to understand if this part number was from mitsubishi and was superceded to the current one. But I'll take it as aftermarket if that's what you're suggesting.

Here you go genuine mitsubishi manufacturing motormount from RTM

Did you just by the rubber bushing? Because that will be alot harder to track down they don't usually print part numbers on them that will be helpful or useful.

Edit: I attached a pic of rear here is front roll stop

Last edited:
Here you go genuine mitsubishi manufacturing motormount from STM

Did you just by the rubber bushing? Because that will be alot harder to track down they don't usually print part numbers on them that will be helpful or useful.

That's the rear. If you read the post I'm inquiring about the front which is NLA. Thank you tho.

Post is edited with front and rear. Again did you just order the rubber bushing? Or did you get the whole mount?

Wrong again. That's the side mount. I'm talking about the FRONT roll stop mount, which I just mentioned several times is NLA. Don't you think I checked STM before posting? And there's no way to purchase the rubber bushing on its own unless it's poly. Which this obviously isn't.

My bad 3rd time is the charm. I'm blind and couldn't figure out where the arrow was pointing on the part map... You'd think I would remember what it looked like since I've replaced both front and rear with torque solutions mounts. But alas...

Anyway part number MIT-MB844275

My bad 3rd time is the charm. I'm blind and couldn't figure out where the arrow was pointing on the part map... You'd think I would remember what it looked like since I've replaced both front and rear with torque solutions mounts. But alas...

Anyway part number MIT-MB844275

Haha wow that actually did it. That's very much appreciated. I typed in that part number instead of the out dated one on CAPS and it brought up a retailer in canada that had one NOS. Thank you sir.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back