The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

how to run 12's on a close to stock 1g awd....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

over the last couple of years ive come to the conclusion that a few well chosen parts will put these (awd) cars into the 12's EASILY. i took the initiative and put my money where my mouth is. my part list is as follows. full 3" o2 eliminator exhaust (you can also drop the exhaust after the stock downpipe but its loud and your gonna buy exhaust anyway), k&n with no air can, MBC, taylor 8mm wires, bpr7es', 190 fuel pump ,afc (old or new style). i bought all this stuff USED off the trader for under $700. nothing is ported on my car so ill leave it up to you as an individual if you want to jump into the porting. this is a bare bones list to run 12s (safely). you might be able to pull it off with out an afc or fuel pump or plug wires but will you be driving home? buy some 114 race gas (make sure your not running a cat, leaded fuel will kill your cat sooner than later) crank the boost to 20 psi and voila!! hauling ass! of course all this is pointless if your car is in poor running condition. a basic tune up and compression test will give you the peace of mind to drive the shit out of the car. lower your tire pressure to 20psi in the front and 18psi in the rear. when your pre staged theres a trick you can do to help you shift smoothly. shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 2nd to 1st a few times and it helps line up your synchros for some quick shifting. rev the motor to 5500 and slip the clutch smoothly and dont miss second!! that will set you up for a blazing run that will most likely net you that 12 sec pass. if you dont do it your first try dont give up!!! "feel" your way around your cars power band and try shifting at different rpm points. youll soon discover where your cars sweet spots are and youll have many a person scratching their heads as to why a basically stock awd just did the impossible. let your car cool down between runs as your stock intercooler will heat soak and you WILL lose timing, even with race gas. hot lapping the car is also detrimental to the stock clutch. cooling it down for 20-30 minutes between runs ensures optimal performance from your stock parts. hope this helps some of you to reach your goals without killing your wallet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back