The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to rewire 1g foglights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheels23

10+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2011
struthers, Ohio
Last winter my foglights had stopped working and when I would try to turn them on I would smell smoke and would see some come out from behind the plastic in my wheel wells so I took the fuse out and stopped using them. Before this winter I had looked to see why they didn't work and the plastic around the wires was fried and the wires were almost eroded apart. I used some extra wire that i had laying around and and replaced the wires that were destroyed.

When I put a new fuse in and turned them on I used my multimeter to check if there was any power going to the lights and there were none. Where can/should I start to try and get them working again?

Sounds like there is a short somewhere in the system. Time to start tracing wires back and find the problem whether it is the switch or some wiring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back