The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G How to replace a clutch master cylinder in a 1G the easy way

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, I just replaced my master cylinder in my car, and I have found an easier way to replace it. All of you who have done this before me know what I mean by easier way. Below are pictures to help all of you who need some sort of guidance as to how to do this, as I saw no tech article myself.

Here we go.

First, locate your clutch master cylinder, pictured and circled here.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm trying to change the master on a 1g DSM 1990 and noticed that it's very hard to see behind where the master cylinder connector is. Are the details in this post available somewhere? I'm looking for a way to replace the master without having to take out the steering wheel or whole clutch assembly.

Thanks!

It's very straightforward. Unless I have to I use the old clevis and just unscrew the old master from it. Then it's just two bolts and a fitting and it's out of there. No need to take out steering wheel, pedal etc. If you have to replace the clevis part it's only a little more difficult.

Based on your 3rd and 4th picture, how do we remove the pin of the clevis. Do we need to remove something before. Thanks

Yes but how do we get there, is there an easy trick. Do we need to push the pedal to the bottom? thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back