The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August578

Proven Member
Jun 15, 2021
Eastvale, California
Hi does anyone know how to remove ECT sensor pins, one of my pin wires got snagged and ripped off. :(

I’m trying to just reattach new wire to it and just connect it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

that was the original plan but I don’t think I can get it to ship out early enough for my timeline.

I need to get the car running asap or just until the replacement comes. This was more of a last resort.

It's called de-pinning. I haven't watched it but maybe this will help:

Yeah it was going to try to but its really dang thin and really hard to solder. I might try stopping by the junkyard. Does anyone know if the ECT sensor connector is the same as the ones on the 420A?

If you can't solder and are looking for a temporary fix until you receive a new one, use 2 quick disconnect female terminals (like the one in the pic below or something similar) and cut to remove one side. Adjust the terminal shape for thickness/width of the sensor's pin by using a needle nose plier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back