The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How to properly adjust biss screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips000

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
kalkaska, Michigan
How do I get it back into the proper position? What would happen if it is set to low?

If you have ECMLink you set the BISS to allow your IAC to have a value of 30 while maintaining the set idle.

Otherwise you need to ground out the diagnostic pin and set the idle that way. Having it out of adjustment means the IAC motor is out of it's full range of movement (idle control). Opened too far then the motor will be closer to a closed position and vise versa with the BISS screwed in too much.

This is why the BISS isn't to be touched unless you are setting the idle properly.

I would give a rough estimate that it's best spot is about 3 full turns out from the bottom.

Well I think it may have been messed with and I just want to make sure it's proper... My car likes to almost stall when coming to a stop and after a cold start it will start to stall and I have to give it gas until it warms up... Which pin do I néed to ground?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back