The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to open black box ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edmontes4g63

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2021
Lexington, Kentucky
Anyone care to help me out on how to open the black box ecu? I’ve looked and found one link but it just leads to “page not found” any help would be greatly appreciated!

Remove the metal bracket, it slides out from the sides. Then there's four clips, two on top and two on the bottom. There's a typical "penny" method where you pry up and insert pennies between the plugs section and the outer cover to hold the clips open. Then use another tool to pry the ECU out of the cover, it'll slide right out.

+ and while you have it out, you should take pictures of the model numbers and stuff, so if you decide to tune the blackbox you'll know which version it is and won't have to redo this process like I did

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back