The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to make your own ABS intake (1G, 2G, recirc'd, vented, MAFT, all)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ive posted many of times about this mod (which I sell for the lazy ones)and I wanted to post this up for all of you to do yourself. You can find all the parts you need at Home Depot or possibly other simular large hardware stores.

Parts/Supplies Needed for 1G's

2 - 3" ABS 45-degree elbows (one sided collar)(black)
1 - 3"-to-3" Fernco ABS pipe coupler (get 2 if your using the MAFT draw-through setup)
1 - 3"-to-2" Fernco ABS pipe coupler
1 - 1" section of 3/4" PVC pipe (white)
1 - Tube of ABS cement, epoxy, or other sealant (clear prefered)
1 - Hacksaw, Sawzall, Dremel, or something to cut half decient
1 - Drill with a 1" Drill bit

Parts/Supplies Needed for 2G's

2 - 3" ABS 90 degree elbows (one sided collar)(black)
1 - 3"-to-3" Fernco ABS pipe coupler (you want rubber, get 2 if your using the MAFT draw-through setup)
1 - 3"-to-2" Fernco ABS pipe coupler
1 - 2" section of 3/4" PVC pipe (white, you may want to paint black)
1 - Tube of ABS cement, epoxy, or other sealant (clear prefered)
1 - 1 - Hacksaw, Sawzall, Dremel, or something to cut half decient
1 - Drill with a 1" Drill bit

Assembly

- Take one of your elbows, take the hack saw and cut the "collar" section off the one side its on (so there is no collars on that elbow, just pipe). Take the two elbows and connect them in an "S" shape (both ends of the pipe should have no collar section on the end). Use a hammer to pound them air tight together or use your sealant/epoxy to create a seal. Intall the Fernco 3"-to-3" coupler on one side (filter side), and the 3"-to-2" coupler on the other side (turbo side). If your not recirc'n, skip the next two steps.

- IF YOUR RECIRC'N, take your drill and 1" drill bit and neatly drill a hole as close to the filter side as you can (right before the coupler is ideal). Take a knife or sanding tool and carve/sand it clean.

- Test fit the 3/4" PVC pipe to fit in the hole. It should barely fit in nice and snug. If it does fit, stick it in there and take your epoxy/sealant and generously apply around the base and the hole. Let sit for product recommended ammount of time to dry. You may want to paint the PCV pipe black (or color of your choosing) before you install, especially on a 2G because you may see a little of the dump tube even after the rubber recirc. hose is installed.

- Install the completed intake. You may need to install your MAS after the intake pipe is installed if your engine bay is fairly cramped. You will need to use the rubber gasket on your intake that comes on there stock. You may also need to wrap the end of the MAS in tape to get it to fit snug in the coupler. For 2G guys, you may need to heat the coupler up to fit around the 2G MAS. I found a rubber coupler that works at Home Depot. It is a metal one with a rubber inside, toss the metal, use the rubber. Its very flexible and works great. You can opt. to paint the intake the color of your choosing if youd like.

1G Pipe installed on my car:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This intake was on my setup BEFORE my FMIC. The pipe I have on looks the same, except I made an extention to place the filter over the stock UICP hole.

If you have further questions, need help, or become unmotivated to try this yourself, feel free to PM me. Enjoy....

If your doing a 2G MAS on a 1G car, you will want to follow the 1G intake instructions, but use the 2G MAS and connector I recommended.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back