The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

how to make or where to buy individual throttle bodies for a N/A 1G 4G63?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think he means individual tb's for each intake port.

ITBs for a DSM? Don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing this before. They usually are for Hondas, Toyotas, etc.

I don't think they would be very beneficial for the amount of money that you would have to pay. It would be more cost efficient to go with a turbo setup, not to mention it would make more power. :talon:

installing a turbo is not the road I want to go down, besides I have to drive this car to school everyday and I also have seen Evos with itb's

How would an EVO have ITBs with a turbo? Unless they were inside the intake manifold or had a plenum that fed each throttle body individually. I'm just wondering how you would get boost to all 4 cylinders.

^^^That's crazy haha

I think that ITBs would be much more beneficial on a non-turbo, though I don't think that I've ever seen it done on a DSM. You should give it a shot and see how it works out.

yea... i had actually been just saying to my dad the thing about the throttle bodies, but from a 'busa

and as of now i'm strictly motor and going to keep it that way

i had thought up a plan and sketched out an idea to have 2 intake manifolds on the car, with 2 separate throttle bodies. One for CYL 1/4 the other for CYL 2/3. I talked to a couple people about the idea and it was declared a waste of an idea really.

IMO if you take a single TB for each intake runner and use that intake manifold like they have up above in the picture you're not going to do anything better than using a single TB, because you're still getting the same amount of flow into the manifold.

my idea, or the picture?

yea I'm going to try, but both me and my dad have limited fabrication experience so it may be difficult

I was referring to the way they set up the ITBs in the pic. But the fact that you're doing something completely different is refreshing and also is pretty awesome. Good luck. :thumb:

I would also like to see this tried, if anything just to show it works, even if it's just for looks, would be nice if you could get some before and after numbers too just out of curiosity.

You guys really baffle me, and I don't mean any kind of a put-down by that. The whole N/A car world always wants to know first either how to put on a blower or a turbo. Meanwhile, in the DSM world, we get about a half-dozen people a year who want to figure out how to make the very good, very economical, very sturdy 420A into a horsepower mill, while the factory already did it by switching to a reliable, well-powered turbo powerplant and taking all the work out of it in the first place.
You aren't going to get a normally-aspirated, reliable, streetable 2-liter engine to put out 200 horsepower without putting in more time, effort and money than buying a turbo kit. And why bother with a kitted engine when there's already one done by the makers?

I'm not without hare-brained ideas in my past. I guess I was lucky to never have the money to waste, and having friends who did the projects instead and let me pick them up when they were done with them. I'd always been curious back when the motorcycle companies were putting little turbos on their 750 machines about putting a pair of them on a Datsun. Now I realize there's a good reason I'd never heard of it being done.

Anyways, good luck. Let us know when it happens. Meanwhile, we'll keep breathing.

i'm not sure if that was a good comment or not.....

and if any one wants to fab me a itb stacks minus the tb's for a share of show winnings that would be SUPER AWSOME:thumb:
:laser:

It would be easier to weld the tb hole shut and relocate it to a centered section ala ford 5.0's. Would make for better air distribution but getting it to fit is another thing. Otherwise hack off the manifold at the runners, find a intake manifold flange for the previously mentioned bike ITB's and weld it on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back