The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How to make calipers look good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halik

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
ann arbor, Michigan
Hi,
i just check my calipers because i have rims/tires on the way and theyre NASTY looking!

Whats the best way to clean em up, they seem to be fairly rusty, especially the rear ones.

Do what i did...take a steelbrush and thoruoghly make htem clean..then use a sandpaper with rather rough grid to take the last **** away..then use a fine grid paper to smotothen it up..Then just paint it with paint.I used rim color..silver.Looks perfect to me and its all silver and nice:))
It has held the looks for four months now so...stand the weather and all pretty good:))

Grab a can of heat resistant paint and go to work on them. I used VHT Brand paint for mine...black calipers in minutes :)

Did you guys remove the caliper itself and paint it or did you just go at it still on the car?

i just did my calipers yesterday....

I used Duplicolor Silver Rim Paint w/ Clearcoat (also Duplicolor), I left em on the car, just used masking tape so i didnt make a mess.

they look good, and the Duplicolr rim paint mayches my rim color exactly..it looks sweet

Originally posted by TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG
Did you guys remove the caliper itself and paint it or did you just go at it still on the car?

I did not remove my caliper when paint it . I just cover the area that I don't want to paint and put my car cover to avoid over spray to the body.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back